AC smells like cat ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I’ve got 650 miles on my Raptor and everything is great except for the cat **** stench from the AC. I’ve had this issue on a few vecholes but to a much lesser extent, it would usually go away in a few seconds or a couple minutes tops. No so with my Raptor. It just lingers. Anything I can to to mitigate this problem?

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have rats? Serious question. Their **** smells bad and if they get into your ducts, you’ll smell it each time you blast the A/C.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to turn off the ac couple minutes before I stop and park. This usually helps dry out the ac vents but it is a pain in the neck to do all the time.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a cat actually did **** somewhere on your rig (on something absorbent), there's no way to get rid of that smell. Not even Nature's Miracle will work. Like Krab said, if you don't have cats around, it could be rats too. In which case, you'll need a cat. Back to square one....

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you buy your Raptor from a Houston or Florida dealership?

I didn't think about that one! Very possible. My buddy that lives in Houston shredded a cat that was hanging out in the engine bay due to the flood. Started the truck and bye bye kitty.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you buy your Raptor from a Houston or Florida dealership?

Bought it from a dealer here in San Diego but it was only there for a few hours while I did the paper work. The rest of the time it spent in transit. It’s the standard musty smell you get from AC running on many other vehicles it’s just a lot worse here. I’ll probably have the dealer take a look at it. I’ve read that it could be a clogged condenser drain tube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer