A lighting idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2 pulled threw for me I think it looks good
rer.jpg

what is the legal on it I don't know.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it is like toyota fj mirror lights.. Definately would work, except I am worried about depth of mirror reflector space.. Dont know if you could get the led array (led, heatsink, reflector, and lens) in that shallow of a space.

Not knocking your idea, without adding to mirror shell depth it would be difficult..

-Greg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sheltered lol don't know what toyota fj are. would definitely want it to be functional or not worth it. I'm loving my dualys and should just go with a better bulb in main why the sucky light in a off road truck.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

mainly just looking for alternative lighting spots

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

checked out the fj. blacked out dose that limit light I'm thinking that is only for projectors.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay here is a little update of this project.. Have settled on baja designs 4" fuego HID (2 wide 2 driving, and 3 spots) and then 2 hid spots on outlaw raptor hood mounts.

To solve the issue of the flimsy grill not hold the weight of the lights and any shaking of the lights. Chris Ross (chrisandalex1, luxury performance raptor) suggested mounting the lights solidly to the bumper and cutting the grill! Yes, cutting a $1400 (price for 2012 raptor grill with camera and washer) grill in half and leaving lower section under the FORD attached to the lights and bumper.

Okay here is a crappy photochop to explain this idea..
raptorgrille.jpg

Also this lighting solution has been embraced by Chrisandalex (luxury performance raptor) Here is the link to his Facebook page..

photo.jpg

luxury performance raptor

for those there do not have facebook here is the post from Chris...

"So this is going to be a busy few weeks for the truck. I am making some changes.

The truck will be leaving Cabo and going to Hennessey Performance first. They will be pulling the Procharger off and installing the new Roush Supercharger. This is going to be awesome.

Then it goes from Hennessey to Stewart's Raceworks. Craig Stewart is going to work some of his magic. He will be installing a complete new front bumper, as well as a new lighting system that our Friend Greg McManus came up with, and I love. Essentially we will be using 7 Baja Designs 4" HID Fuego's in the bottom of the Raptor Grill. 2 wide cornering, two wide driving and three spot. I will also be installing 2 more on Outlaw Raptor's hood mounts.

After Craig is finished the truck will head over to Wavetrac where Dana and his crew will be installing the first Wavetrac LSD that we have been working on for months now, as well as new RCV Ultimate axles and upgraded hubs that I had engineered and built. BTW both of these products will be available to the Rpator world shortly after I get them on and go run the Baja hard.

Not sure what else I am going to do while it is up there, but damn this is fun."

Last edited: