A lighting idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the front of my truck, I was wondering how I could put low profile lights on my truck.. Though about the behind front grill light bar. After seeing how much diffusion there is with this set up on Madcowranch's truck. I thought there had to be another way, talking to WSI about a low profile light bar on the roof away from the front windows to keep whisling down. THat was also thown out because of drill through the roof to mount the light bar. So, looking at Sue Meads truck the idea came to me.. Why not put duallies d2 (7-8of them) mounted in the grill under the ford...

here is my crappy attempt at photoshop to visualize what it would look like..

untitled-1.png

There is a metal bar that runs along the lower grill that the could be used to support the lights. the grill could be cut out. each d2 could be adjusted to give full coverage off road.

I am also going to mount hood lights for longer distance lighting..

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg,

I love that idea! I have thought of that before but now that I see It I will do it in the future

8 D2's would be awesome!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I think it'd look pretty cool and probably be really damn bright. Go for it!

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at the supports for the front grill.. you would only be able to use 7 d2 duallies without cutting any supports...

Even 6 would be bright enough, if the remainder of the grill could be left intact around them I think it would look better as well,

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With a setup like that you could probably even skip the hood lights. The D2s have different optics, so you could get beam/spot lights for the center, drive/diffuser optics for the middle/outer and maybe amber for the extreme outer. 7 D2s, even with different optics, will be bright as hell!!!!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're always thinking, Greg, and I really admire you for that.
But this is a $1500 idea or thereabouts. To me, that's a lot to pay for lighting that you can't use on the street where you spend most of your driving time.