A few questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
O.k., I have 350 miles so far and just spent the last 5 hours out loading the Jukebox with the same 12 or so CD's I have had for 15 years! HAhahaaa. I made fun of DROID last week for sittin and dickin, Now I understand. Sorry Droid! HAHahaaaaa.

While loading I read the manuals and played with this and that on the truck. So what the hell is QUIET MODE on the remote start? Can you load music from a flash stick through the USB port or not? A friend loaded me 100 plus songs on one and it don't seem to take. Also, I read that the locker only activates in 4 H and 4 L, not at all in 2 H. The top speed it stays engaged is like 20 mph in 4 H and 56 mph in 4 L? That seems backwards to me. Even with the traction control off I could not get the rear to swing way out in the rain, seemed like one of the no no systems was keeping me from having a fling! AHhahaaaaaaa.

Thats it so far. The milage is no worse at this point than my FX4 was in town, 12-13. Don't move that comment to THAT ONE AND ONLY thread! HAhahaaaaaa.

BDRAG

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you hadn't bypassed all your nannies properly when you were trying to get sideways, BDRAG. I have a 2010, but the locker most certainly engages in 2wd and I can't imagine that the 2011s are any different there.

What process/combo (buttons, knobs, etc.) did you use to try and get in sidewayzz mode?

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
What? You ain't never herd the term DICKIN AROUND? My wife tells my buddy on the phone, he is out dickin around in the garage, just a minute and I will get him. HAhahaa. To music now---- Just a dickin n n n , A round. HAhaaaaaaa.

I tried it with traction contro off and also in off road. If I pull the knob in 2H the scren shows an X on the rear punkin. More dickin is nessesary! HAhahaaaaaaa.
BDRAG

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
:lol: This forum will never miss a single double entendre, be it deliberate or inadvertent.

Locker should work in 2wd, it'll unlock over 25mph or 35mpg (forget which) in most modes until you do the full denanny-ing. There are three modes of traction control, Normal, Sport, and Disabled. Pressing the button toggles between Normal and Sport. Disabled requires holding the button for 5-10 seconds.

No ability to copy MP3s to the jukebox that I've found, that's for CDs only (lame).

To play from USB, Plug in the USB drive, press "MEDIA" button, set source to "User Device". That should give you access to its contents.

If you want to add a permanent hard drive (recommend using an SSD), you can do the USB2 mod: How to add a second USB port to SYNC .: Ford Truck Articles

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
with only 140 miles on mine, ran the truck yesterday with the rear locker on in 2wd, no problems, didnt know their was a speed limit?

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
:
No ability to copy MP3s to the jukebox that I've found, that's for CDs only (lame).

To play from USB, Plug in the USB drive, press "MEDIA" button, set source to "User Device". That should give you access to its contents.

[/url]

So since you seem to have figgered out all this crap, I down loaded about 100 tracks to the jukebox. Now when its playing or just a CD, when I change to radio the volume goes way up. The volumes are not SYNCed together. Its like when you are watching hdtv and a commercial comes on and the volume increases. In this case its quite a bit different.
BDRAG

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
So since you seem to have figgered out all this crap, I down loaded about 100 tracks to the jukebox. Now when its playing or just a CD, when I change to radio the volume goes way up. The volumes are not SYNCed together. Its like when you are watching hdtv and a commercial comes on and the volume increases. In this case its quite a bit different.
BDRAG
If the CD's you loaded were a little older that would account for the volume difference. Do you have a new recording to try for comparison?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
with only 140 miles on mine, ran the truck yesterday with the rear locker on in 2wd, no problems, didnt know their was a speed limit?

With Off Road Mode OFF: The locker disengages at 25MPH in 2H and 4H

It does not automatically disengage in 4L or when ORM is ON.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
BDRAG

That sucks, they really should have equalized the volume levels between their compressed music and the CD player. Probably nothing can be done. The CD jukebox feature is really crippled though, I'd recommend getting a hard drive on USB2 ASAP, it really is the ultimate solution.