A few questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
That sucks, they really should have equalized the volume levels between their compressed music and the CD player. Probably nothing can be done. The CD jukebox feature is really crippled though, I'd recommend getting a hard drive on USB2 ASAP, it really is the ultimate solution.

My only issue is that the music "database" that I have access to is 400+ GB. After hearing about your issues with load time on 45 GB (IIRC), I'm thinking that won't be a good idea with all that music.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Give it a shot and see what happens. Mine takes 2-3 minutes before "custom" voice commands are available, e.g., "Play Artist Pink Floyd". You can still give it voice commands during this time, just not to play specific artists/albums. And selecting artists/albums/playlists is immediately available via touchscreen interface.

And it could be that it's getting stuck on some track/artist name that has invalid characters in it too.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Give it a shot and see what happens. Mine takes 2-3 minutes before "custom" voice commands are available, e.g., "Play Artist Pink Floyd". You can still give it voice commands during this time, just not to play specific artists/albums. And selecting artists/albums/playlists is immediately available via touchscreen interface.

And it could be that it's getting stuck on some track/artist name that has invalid characters in it too.

Yeah. I'm sure I'll do it anyways, especially since I'll be able to select music through the touchscreen. Thanks.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
If the CD's you loaded were a little older that would account for the volume difference. Do you have a new recording to try for comparison?

OH! Trash the OLD GUY's Music huh? HAHahaaaaaa. Ya know the newest one is probably a Three Doors down and I don't think I got it in yet. I will try that. Thanks.

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
That sucks, they really should have equalized the volume levels between their compressed music and the CD player. Probably nothing can be done. The CD jukebox feature is really crippled though, I'd recommend getting a hard drive on USB2 ASAP, it really is the ultimate solution.

Your over this old dudes head. What the hell is you talking about and where and how much and how to? HAHhaaaaa. Plug and play and will it store on the unit or will I have wires running everywhere from the center console?

BDRAG