A big thank you to Randy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Just wanted to publicly say thank you to Randy Wilson (HARLEY6LF250SDU) for his effort in trying to get me a crewcab Raptor before the new year. I absolutely had to take delivery of a truck prior to the end of 2010 for tax reasons. Everything was looking good until Ford wound up putting a hold on all of the initial 2011s due to BCM failures.

Randy did everything he could to get this truck moving, including getting Ford/SVT to mark it "hot", making a special trip to Dearborn to try to acquire it, and calling just about everybody and their brother who he knew at Ford to find a way to get a hold of it. At the end he couldn't get mine out in time. He was successful in getting my brother's truck to him (very similar situation), likely due to his truck being built a week later.

From what we can tell, my truck was one of the first to be put on hold due to the BCM issue (i.e., the one with a VIN serial number one digit lower than mine made it out, but mine didn't). All the hold trucks were parked nose-to-tail in lots, so mine was going to be one of the last ones out, no matter what.

I did wind up getting an identical truck which happened to have made it out to CA. This truck was built nearly ONE MONTH after the one I had ordered through Randy, and had just shown at a dealer out here. Wound up buying the dealer stock truck on the 28th after Ford still couldn't confirm the whereabouts of the ordered truck.

Throughout the entire process, Randy was straight up with me on the status. Every bit of information he obtained from Ford he relayed to me. He informed me at each step what was *likely* to happen next (and when), but also cautioned with examples of where he'd previously seen things not go as expected.

I do wish Ford had been more public about the BCM situation, but certainly can't argue with holding back product until they know it is sound.

In any case, I am finally a Raptor owner (will post pics in a bit). Wish it could have been done through Randy and would highly recommend his service. He's hardworking and honest, and going through him means you never have to deal with a car salesman.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Droid.
Even though you didn't ultimately end up buying through Randy, I'm glad to hear he was good to work with.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tod, Have Fun with your new Raptor!!
I'm so pissed at/with Ford on your order truck, :shooter:
but ?? when ?? I finally get my hands on it, I will sell QUICK!! I have 2 buyers that want it.

I'm just glad you could find one that had the right options on it.
Your deposit check is on it's way to you, less the price of the bed extender.

Thanks again for your business and your brothers referral to me.

I will look you guys up for a beer, next time I get out there.

randy

OP
OP
Droid

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Thanks Tod, Have Fun with your new Raptor!!
I'm so pissed at/with Ford on your order truck, :shooter:
but ?? when ?? I finally get my hands on it, I will sell QUICK!! I have 2 buyers that want it.

I'm just glad you could find one that had the right options on it.
Your deposit check is on it's way to you, less the price of the bed extender.

Thanks again for your business and your brothers referral to me.

I will look you guys up for a beer, next time I get out there.

randy

Good to hear it'll move fast. Definitely up for that, lemme know next time you're in town!