60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys this putco blade really is nice. It is a great mod for the price. It really looks good on the truck with the other lights. It’s one of my favorite mods. There is a harness out there that I tried and for some reason the truck would think that a trailer is connected every time. Once I hard wired to the left rear tail light all was perfect. There was a guy who got it to work with the harness somehow. You will need some sort of a spacer to get it over the tailgate bracket and some tape.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's what happens when you connect to the trailer harness. It's an option but I always recommend direct wiring it. We have the Putco bar on our site btw.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m impressed. Turned out great! Direct wired to tail lights . 27d5c440cd51628e70d705617dcd8141.jpgbedc3b43df9e9da0c3b1ac7a47da823a.jpgd9ac93ab543559e6cdecd711481919e8.jpgbeec19450bdd64cf435d0301e28bc81e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really good. Wish I had seen this before I bought and hooked up my Baja Designs reverse lights. Can you let us know which wires you tapped into? I might have to pick this up.

EDIT. I just watched the video from an earlier post. Looks pretty straight forward. Did everyone remove the tailgate ?

Last edited:

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. Wish I had seen this before I bought and hooked up my Baja Designs reverse lights. Can you let us know which wires you tapped into? I might have to pick this up.

EDIT. I just watched the video from an earlier post. Looks pretty straight forward. Did everyone remove the tailgate ?

I believe my install guy did ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You plug that connector to your trailer harness then splice the bare leads of that to the Putco 60" bar. It's not direct "plug and play" but it's not difficult to splice 2 wires together

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You plug that connector to your trailer harness then splice the bare leads of that to the Putco 60" bar. It's not direct "plug and play" but it's not difficult to splice 2 wires together

ahh - so you don't need that connector if you wire direct into the tail-lights...

does the Putco light bar just have 4 wires?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, if you actually use that connector your truck will think a trailer is hooked up. Better to just get some wire, tap into your existing wiring on your truck for a perm. install. It should be no more then 4, if you just get the stop bar. If you get the blinker/reverse version then it'd be a few more possibly or less if they share the ground, which they should

GROUND
HOT (reverse)
HOT (stop)
HOT (blinker)