5 Star + AFE Stage II = Raptor on Steroids!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On a side note, did you have this same gap when installing your air box?

GOPR0018.jpg

I have that gap as well, but mine was very loose and would teeter back and forth, also my latch was all floppy and would not stay in place. So I used some weather stipping and it solved all those problems.:party28:

Attachments

• SAM_8735.jpg
    SAM_8735.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 51
  • SAM_8734.jpg
    SAM_8734.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 47
  • SAM_8736.jpg
    SAM_8736.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47

educol

Reaction score
Today I received the AFE intake stage 2, TBS, ITSX tuner and the magnaflow catback . first installation was the itsx, i noticed a huge impact in the throttle response after selecting 93 Oct , Second was the intake, a good sound but a little high.

What is the best Axle ratio for this setup?

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered my 5 Star Tune plus the Stage II CAI from Mike. My Truck is in production, now to gather the mods.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP,

Do you have the MBRP on yet? This is the exact route I'm planning on taking and would love to see and hear some vids.

Thanks,

Chris

OP
OP
northernraptor2012
Reaction score
OP,

Do you have the MBRP on yet? This is the exact route I'm planning on taking and would love to see and hear some vids.

Thanks,

Chris

I am getting the Black MBRP Catback and it will be installed this Friday, November 9. I will try to get pics and vids posted once I get back from the Deer Hunt/Road trip.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The AFE and mandrel bent Magnaflow really woke this truck up, I was worried about losing some bottom end. Instead its stronger, the extra performance feels great!

Mdrnizd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AFE and mandrel bent Magnaflow really woke this truck up, I was worried about losing some bottom end. Instead its stronger, the extra performance feels great!

Can you tell me what part number your order for your exhaust system? Did you notice any fuel mileage gains?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you tell me what part number your order for your exhaust system? Did you notice any fuel mileage gains?

Sure the part # is 15588 when you first instal it its not much louder than stock but as it breaks in it gets louder and when you add the AFE it gets much loudER.
I haven't been watching my gas milage so I can't really say.

Last edited:

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White one will flow better but only catches big stuff. dust and fine particles still make it into the engine.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
White one will flow better but only catches big stuff. dust and fine particles still make it into the engine.

I got both beige and light grey filters in my kit, I installed the beige which is for off road and since it came with the yellow prefilter, I figured what the hell put that on as well, I think the pre filter also helps to keep the water out?