Votes: 17 27.4%
  • 2011 and loud

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 2012 and Quiet

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • 2012 and loud

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny I was looking threw my order and see in changes they changed the transfer cases last month. Not sure if it's just a part # change or they updated them. That was the only change and it was on all the raptor orders I looked at.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Mine makes the sound like when i have it in hill decent control..what is that?

I had mine out playing with all the settings on it a few days ago and I think the sound in hill descent control is the brakes being applied, because it sounds remarkably similar to the sound I hear when anti-lock is being applied.

As for the 4x4. I tried 4x4 in high, low, locker and no locker and high speed and low speed for the 4HI. I didn't hear any significant noise at all. Nice and quiet.

I know I posted earlier, but I wanted to update since I had taken the time to play with it.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Mine isn't super loud. But I hear it. I always have though, so I consider it ok.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine out playing with all the settings on it a few days ago and I think the sound in hill descent control is the brakes being applied, because it sounds remarkably similar to the sound I hear when anti-lock is being applied.

As for the 4x4. I tried 4x4 in high, low, locker and no locker and high speed and low speed for the 4HI. I didn't hear any significant noise at all. Nice and quiet.

I know I posted earlier, but I wanted to update since I had taken the time to play with it.

I guess I should have clarified a little..mine only does it if I hit a muddy spot or something when I don't have all my traction control off. So would it be the abs?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I guess I should have clarified a little..mine only does it if I hit a muddy spot or something when I don't have all my traction control off. So would it be the abs?

Yep, that'll be your ABS. go out in the gravel with your TC on and mash the brakes to the floor and you'll get that same sound when the ABS kicks in.