4 annoying things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steer

Reaction score
1. Plenty of hp and traction to climb a dune but tranny is always looking for a different gear. Its like the tranny cant make up its mind meanwhile im getting stuck. Is there a chip/ programmer fix for this?
2 Who is the knucklehead that designed a manual override for a offroad truck that doesnt lock in place? Nice idea with the manual override but every bump Im finding myself either back in drive or down in 2nd. Is there a fix?
3. That half hour(seems like) wait to get power when going from forward to reverse doesn't work when your trying to get 100 head of brahma cattle stopped and turned around. Is there a chip fix for this?
4. I dont know about most of you but when I kick on the highbeams I want the blinding lite shining out from the front of the pickup not in my eyes from the stupid high beam indicator. AND the high beam switch belongs on the floor next to the kickpanel, not on the blinker switch. If Im driving fast both my hands are busy and my left foot is doing nothing.
Love that suspension in the open desert.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah..... Love that suspension in the open desert.

There. I boiled your annoying post down to the useful parts.

Perhaps you should read BlueSTI's thread on how to offroad your Raptor.

"Automatic" and Offroad do not go together. Next time try this:

Offroad mode. Delete Traction control. Grab shifter handle and manually pull it down all the way into first gear and hit the gas. Manually move shifter handle up just before redline... Repeat until dune or whatever is in rear view mirror. This is not a job for the little shift buttons on the side of the shifter. If bouncing around is causing your hand to bump the shifter into another gear unexpectedly, then don't grip it so tight (maybe you could think about it like your hand hovering over your six-shooter ready to clear leather when the other guy blinks haha).

If you had really been driving your Raptor hard offroad with your left foot bouncing around, you would understand why the high beam selector is where it is. Maybe it's me, but I've never driven so fast that I can't turn the high beams on and off - just sayin'.

If your eyes are so sensitive that the high beam indicator is blinding you, then I guess you could put a small "dot" of window film over it. Experiment. Go crazy with it. Try different tints until you have happy eyes again.

Get a damn cow dog. Blue heelers are awesome and can go back and forth faster than the thought can enter your mind

Last edited:

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5star tuner will help with some of your issues. I don't know if it is meant to be able to do this but I can leave my truck in automatic and still use the Manual shift buttons. It's nice because I had a similar pproblem where I was constantly bumping it out of M always at the wrong time.

The 5star also "fixes" the transmission searching/miss shifts thing. It doesn't really "fix" it but wow what a difference!

Dave

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Plenty of hp and traction to climb a dune but tranny is always looking for a different gear. Its like the tranny cant make up its mind meanwhile im getting stuck. Is there a chip/ programmer fix for this?
2 Who is the knucklehead that designed a manual override for a offroad truck that doesnt lock in place? Nice idea with the manual override but every bump Im finding myself either back in drive or down in 2nd. Is there a fix?
3. That half hour(seems like) wait to get power when going from forward to reverse doesn't work when your trying to get 100 head of brahma cattle stopped and turned around. Is there a chip fix for this?
4. I dont know about most of you but when I kick on the highbeams I want the blinding lite shining out from the front of the pickup not in my eyes from the stupid high beam indicator. AND the high beam switch belongs on the floor next to the kickpanel, not on the blinker switch. If Im driving fast both my hands are busy and my left foot is doing nothing.
Love that suspension in the open desert.

1) 5 Star Tune with custom shift points
2) 5 Star Tune
3) 5 Star Tune
4) Get a Rigid 20" lower light bar, 100% brighter than your highs and no more high beam indicator. The last time I saw a high beam indicator on the floor was in my 1974 Chevy Caprice classic.