36 gallon distance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I try to get at least 500 miles on a full tank, or else what's the point of having a 36 gallon tank?

I remember that my 80 y/o grandpa would always want to get gas whenever he was half empty.

it sounds like a lot of members on here remind me of my grandpa

That's not what he's asking. He's asking how many miles will the truck go after it hits empty. In other words, once the trip computer says 0 miles remaining, how many miles can it go after that.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not what he's asking. He's asking how many miles will the truck go after it hits empty. In other words, once the trip computer says 0 miles remaining, how many miles can it go after that.

Thank you.

I think it’s 30-50. I had it nailed on the tundra at 60 miles once the tank hit E.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“The advertised capacity is the maximum amount of fuel that you can add to the fuel tank after running out of fuel. Included in the advertised capacity is an empty reserve. The empty reserve is an unspecified amount of fuel that remains in the fuel tank when the fuel gauge indicates empty.
Note: The amount of fuel in the empty reserve varies and should not be relied upon to increase driving range.”

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm sorry. Thought I answered that when I said 30

Grizlbits

Reaction score
My gage showed 5 miles left, and I rolled into the station and put in 35.75 gallons. I would say there is ZERO miles of reserve! Do NOT push this like the Seinfeld episode.....

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gage showed 5 miles left, and I rolled into the station and put in 35.75 gallons. I would say there is ZERO miles of reserve! Do NOT push this like the Seinfeld episode.....

Good info.

Thank you.

Right now after 2 fill ups, I am averaging 15.0 mpg hand calculated. The computer says 15.8 mpg.

I just went 520 miles on one tank, 33.5 gallons averaged 14.7 mpg.

12 days on one full tank.

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info.

Thank you.

Right now after 2 fill ups, I am averaging 15.0 mpg hand calculated. The computer says 15.8 mpg.

I just went 520 miles on one tank, 33.5 gallons averaged 14.7 mpg.

12 days on one full tank.

Numbers above should have been 484 miles and 33.5 gallons = 14.7 mpg.