2023 New Raptor and Missing Options - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
When they installed it, and they did the flash to make it work, did it remove the temperature from the top of your touchscreen? AKA, did it make it look like a MY21 screen?
It didn't remove it from my screen, still looks exactly the same other than it added the icon for the heated wheel on the screen as well

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
Please keep us advised if that turns out to be legit. I've seen several listings at that price range as well, listed as new, and i'm quite tempted. My wife just got a bronco, and she has the digital readouts, and my envy is strong.
That's where I bought mine from, and it worked like a charm. was a little dusty but no scratches etc at all wrong with it and it had no marks from the screws. So I assume it is a new part and was just not in the box

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
Boo, I was hoping that could be fixed too. Its the same display, just different firmware.

Does anyone know if you could make it display like a MY21 once you swap out the dials?
Can you tell me what the display has that is different from the 2023 and the 2021? I'm thinking is there is a radical difference it can probably be programmed with the ASBuilt data from a 2021 truck. Not sure I would want to do that, I know there is an option to program and screen effect called Unreal scheme however I'm not unhappy with the one I have, at least so far :)

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
Guys, over the weekend I added the Glare Free headlight coding and it is pretty amazing. You will retain your adaptive (bending)headlight effects but the transitions are much more smooth and the truck actually cuts the light only pointed at a pedestrian or on coming car - it leaves the brights on that are pointed away from those type situations. I believe this isn't approved for use in the US yet but comes on Raptors going into Canada.

You can do your own research here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-head-lights-coming-to-the-us.7004/page-14

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, over the weekend I added the Glare Free headlight coding and it is pretty amazing. You will retain your adaptive (bending)headlight effects but the transitions are much more smooth and the truck actually cuts the light only pointed at a pedestrian or on coming car - it leaves the brights on that are pointed away from those type situations. I believe this isn't approved for use in the US yet but comes on Raptors going into Canada.

You can do your own research here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-head-lights-coming-to-the-us.7004/page-14
Did you save the list of codes to mod for this? I’m aware there is a separate thread, but I don’t feel like reading through 87 pages of people who did it wrong to find the one guy that figured it out.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of us have done the glare free. It’s a great mod.

As for the disappointment above re temp still displaying on screen after adding the temp on dials, I’m confused why you would not want that. How is that a detriment, please?

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me what the display has that is different from the 2023 and the 2021? I'm thinking is there is a radical difference it can probably be programmed with the ASBuilt data from a 2021 truck. Not sure I would want to do that, I know there is an option to program and screen effect called Unreal scheme however I'm not unhappy with the one I have, at least so far :)
When Ford had the bright idea to screw us on the dials, they had to integrate the temperature onto the screen. So, the 2021 trucks, which have dials, do not have the temperature on their screen at the top. You can see that on other vehicles like my wife's 2023 bronco with the digital dials. When they got rid of the dials post 2022, the temperature is permanently displayed along the top. So i was curious if you could flash the screen to remove the temperature since its now on the dials.