2018 Ford Engine Lineup for f-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
I wouldn't care for a TTV8. I'd rather have an NA V8, making close to the same power/torque as the TTV6. That could also keep the prices relatively low, and close to the current MSRP. I think Ford will do it - like a mid-gen refresh, maybe in a year or two.

I'm sure most of the 'crybaby' V8 Gen1-ers will go out and buy a new V8 Raptor. What I'm worried about is, what will you ***** pump cry-babies do when your $70k-80k trucks drop in value to $30k in 2 years, because no one wants a V6 anymore. Hell, that would be the ONLY reason Ford wouldn't put a V8 in this truck. So as not to **** off a bunch of Eco-fool owners.

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't care for a TTV8. I'd rather have an NA V8, making close to the same power/torque as the TTV6. That could also keep the prices relatively low, and close to the current MSRP. I think Ford will do it - like a mid-gen refresh, maybe in a year or two.

I'm sure most of the 'crybaby' V8 Gen1-ers will go out and buy a new V8 Raptor. What I'm worried about is, what will you ***** pump cry-babies do when your $70k-80k trucks drop in value to $30k in 2 years, because no one wants a V6 anymore. Hell, that would be the ONLY reason Ford wouldn't put a V8 in this truck. So as not to **** off a bunch of Eco-fool owners.

You talk a lot about ***** farts...do you have them often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

ya just couldn’t let the thread die a natural death without trying --really hard-- to stir up ****?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't care for a TTV8. I'd rather have an NA V8, making close to the same power/torque as the TTV6. That could also keep the prices relatively low, and close to the current MSRP. I think Ford will do it -

Nope. Not going to happen. Sorry. A ttV8 maybe or probably, but they are not doing a NA v8. Not going to abandon eco-boost just for the sake of one model.

So start saving for the $12k upgrade option!

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a premium, over the current price, do you think the V8 huggers would be willing to pay that would justify the design and engineering costs?

I'm betting Ford knows the answer and it isn't much.
"V8 huggers"?

Given that guys have been willing to pay upwards of $15k over msrp for a V6, I'd hate to speculate how many would pay more for a V8, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a significant number of people. If I was tired of my truck I'd consider it depending on price, but I'm not, so my interest would be in simply seeing ford push limits and innovate. If you see things from that perspective, rather than one of "mine's better than yours", you would be hard-pressed to not cheer on continued development of V8 variants that are high-output with reasonable fuel consumption rates. Just my take, and I know this has been beat to shit, so I'll let the dead horse lie now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

utsteve98

Reaction score
What is everyone gonna do when they abandon the combustion engine all together and move to all electric drivetrains?

Not that I was there at the time, but there were probably many people complaining when they invented fuel injection over carburetors.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit and accept that moving to high strength all-aluminum bodies and TT-V6's are just part of forward progress in engineering. The Raptor has been and continues to be the most awesome production truck ever built (personal opinion of course).