2018 Ford Engine Lineup for f-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are people here really suggesting that a ttV8 would have been unwelcome? I would think that would have been pretty bad ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are people here really suggesting that a ttV8 would have been unwelcome? I would think that would have been pretty bad ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It would have been sweet... but Ford is in the business of making money and switching engines on this model would **** off a lot of people, be too powerful in my opinion and waste a lot of money in the previous development of the TT-V6. Maybe someday... I honestly am happy with my Turbo V-6 so far and am so sick of hearing the complaints of a lack of V8...

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would have been sweet... but Ford is in the business of making money and switching engines on this model would **** off a lot of people, be too powerful in my opinion and waste a lot of money in the previous development of the TT-V6. Maybe someday... I honestly am happy with my Turbo V-6 so far and am so sick of hearing the complaints of a lack of V8...

Maybe they'll come out with an "R" version or something to accommodate a V8 option without blowing up the guys that bought into the V6. Time will tell I suppose.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they will have a v8 option in the next 1-2 years...... and at a $10-12k option upgrade.

Will then be interesting to see how many of the v8 cry babies will pay for the upgrade or settle to be happy with only 450hp.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they will have a v8 option in the next 1-2 years...... and at a $10-12k option upgrade.

Will then be interesting to see how many of the v8 cry babies will pay for the upgrade or settle to be happy with only 450hp.

As for me (not a crybaby) I'd pay the current MSRP for a V8 version, but not more. Just isn't worth it. I mostly just want to see them make the option as a matter of appreciation for something cool.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Geo, prices ain’t coming down. Not for gas, not for the Raptor.

Honestly, they’re already pretty close to the limit of what the suspension can handle power wise. For giggles and lolz I usually kick around in 4a / normal but lately I’ve been using sport mode w/ 4A. We got a really good downpour last week and everyone around here did what the poorly skilled metro-DC drivers do in the rain. Panic like the end of the world is coming, come to a complete stop no matter where you are and abandon all F***ing hope.

So, while dodging and weaving around the end of the worlders, I opted to pass one with prejudice ( in the aforementioned downpour ). :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I pushed to about half throttle and I spun with impunity while maintaining a steady forward progress.

Yeah... I should’ve been in weather mode. yeah, I could have just parked with the end of worlders, but I still have a long life to live, places to go, people to see, things to do.

This truck is not wanting for power. Sure, I’d opt for more if it were available but Ford hit the mark here.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they'll come out with an "R" version or something to accommodate a V8 option without blowing up the guys that bought into the V6. Time will tell I suppose.

How much of a premium, over the current price, do you think the V8 huggers would be willing to pay that would justify the design and engineering costs?

I'm betting Ford knows the answer and it isn't much.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am just fine with the speed on this truck... been pulled over twice and got one photo radar ticket already.... I need a 4 cylinder.