2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And many of the Gen 2 improvements were based on what was learned from Gen 1 owners right here on this forum.

Gen 2 is widely anticipated around here and will be even better received. So I don't think you have anything to "worry" about.

That said, it was dumb of Ford to release that particular video. All it showed was how bad the engine sounds and how poorly turbos are matched to short, muddy hill climbs. Gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off, gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off...
/QUOTE]

These three points @zanemasterx

1. A lot of us feel invested in the second gen due to the mods and money we have spent on our first gen only to have Ford look at our mods and go yep, stock on the next gen. They beef everything up like we have and then drop to a TTV6?? A lot of us are naturally skeptical not seeing the final product regardless whether regular F-150 owners enjoy their eco-boost on the street or not. Remember us hard core Raptor owners are always in the dirt with our trucks and use them how intended so we know their performance capabilities unlike a lot of the street queen owners on this forum. I get 11.8MPG if I am lucky and I wouldn't want any better fuel economy in my Raptor if it means giving up the V8.

2. We all want this thing to come out as bad as you do but we already own the best truck on the market and showed Ford how to do it better. But you wouldn't understand that because you don't own one.

3. Show the Raptor testing in all conditions I get it, but the comedy in this is they have already tested their suspension in that type of area for an FX4. A damn Subaru probably could have gone though that and then to add professional driver on a closed course do not attempt makes you wonder what the **** they are thinking. I know it's lawyer speak for don't be an idiot but, still...

Anyways I will still most likely buy a second gen to sit next to my first gen. I think you need to quit being so defensive about everything when we discuss the pitfalls and shit we have learned on the current version and what we would like to see in the next one. Use it to edumucate yourself as much as possible on the truck that won't be out for another year and already has a current model that IS the best truck on the market. Just saying!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And many of the Gen 2 improvements were based on what was learned from Gen 1 owners right here on this forum.

Gen 2 is widely anticipated around here and will be even better received. So I don't think you have anything to "worry" about.

That said, it was dumb of Ford to release that particular video. All it showed was how bad the engine sounds and how poorly turbos are matched to short, muddy hill climbs. Gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off, gas, lag, spool, let off, blow off...
/QUOTE]

These three points @zanemasterx

1. A lot of us feel invested in the second gen due to the mods and money we have spent on our first gen only to have Ford look at our mods and go yep, stock on the next gen. They beef everything up like we have and then drop to a TTV6?? A lot of us are naturally skeptical not seeing the final product regardless whether regular F-150 owners enjoy their eco-boost on the street or not. Remember us hard core Raptor owners are always in the dirt with our trucks and use them how intended so we know their performance capabilities unlike a lot of the street queen owners on this forum. I get 11.8MPG if I am lucky and I wouldn't want any better fuel economy in my Raptor if it means giving up the V8.

2. We all want this thing to come out as bad as you do but we already own the best truck on the market and showed Ford how to do it better. But you wouldn't understand that because you don't own one.

3. Show the Raptor testing in all conditions I get it, but the comedy in this is they have already tested their suspension in that type of area for an FX4. A damn Subaru probably could have gone though that and then to add professional driver on a closed course do not attempt makes you wonder what the **** they are thinking. I know it's lawyer speak for don't be an idiot but, still...

Anyways I will still most likely buy a second gen to sit next to my first gen. I think you need to quit being so defensive about everything when we discuss the pitfalls and shit we have learned on the current version and what we would like to see in the next one. Use it to edumucate yourself as much as possible on the truck that won't be out for another year and already has a current model that IS the best truck on the market. Just saying!

Well said.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to lower it.

614744c0-f33d-1490.jpg

Or better yet....

(and for those of you wondering... I cannot vouch as to whether or not this is a real time-machine or if this is a Photo-Shopped attempt at the real time-machine...)

ford_raptor_____bttf_____by_combi_christ-d4raigr.jpg

Last edited: