2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They already have test mules running around. The Lightning never got past concept vehicle. Why would Ford waste time and resources testing preproduction vehicles if they didn't have plans to release the vehicle?

I was referring to the F150 Lightning that did make it into production from 93-95, stopped and restarted in 98-2004 when it was discontinued.

There's no guarantee that the test mules will end up being Raptors. They can be called something else when and if they make it into production.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I was referring to the F150 Lightning that did make it into production from 93-95, stopped and restarted in 98-2004 when it was discontinued.

There's no guarantee that the test mules will end up being Raptors. They can be called something else when and if they make it into production.

Ahh I'm picking up what you're throwing down

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I have heard rumors from reliable sources that the rear is getting a significant boost in travel. It is definitely real and definitely coming...

Who cares what it is called...? I guess I could see some added value to current owners if they call it something else but at the end of the day it's still a mass produced vehicle. It won't make that much difference in resale value. Plus with all the momentum of the Raptor (they sold a hell of a lot more than they thought they would) why would they change/abandon that?

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heard rumors from reliable sources that the rear is getting a significant boost in travel. It is definitely real and definitely coming...

Who cares what it is called...? I guess I could see some added value to current owners if they call it something else but at the end of the day it's still a mass produced vehicle. It won't make that much difference in resale value. Plus with all the momentum of the Raptor (they sold a hell of a lot more than they thought they would) why would they change/abandon that?

I think that is why everyone is torn
Its been succesfull compared to the lighting

We can only wait and see. Rumors and sources are only that
Only a public anounvement from ford will set us free

My speculation is it will come back
With the best petrol engine from the F250 or mustang
Maybe we will get some options. Pick between the EB 5.0 or the. NA 6.2 gen 2

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its coming back for sure. Ford hit a home run with this truck. They have a truck that will sell. The truck has no incentives so they make more money. Its hot and they know it. Some articles said that Ford cannot afford to get rid of the raptor since it is doing so well.

The Raptor will be back. Promise ya....

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say if it will or won't be back, but the owner of the dealership I bought my truck from was on the team for creating and developing the Raptor. We had a 2 hour conversation, ½ hour of that was asking what I had heard via rumors of a new Raptor and what I would like to see on a future Raptor. He asked if I had heard about it having an EcoBoost motor.

The other 1 ½ hour was BS'ing about racing and flying.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out at the proving grounds last week. Everyone at Ford seems to be in agreement that the Raptor will indeed make a reappearance speaking strictly on their own thoughts. That said, no test mules of the new Raptor have made it out there as of yet, which means durability testing has not even started...

Im not sure if this means a longer hiatus than we hoped, or if maybe Ford is holding back for some other reason. They did say that the new F150 is surpassing the old model in durability tests by a substantial margin. So that is good news for Ford fans.