2014 Raptor NAV Screen Freezes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I do lose all my radio presets and info but I don't lose the seat presets. I want to take it the dealership to get the latest upgraded SW and get this fixed but haven't had the time.

Yeah, to me that's insane, and you should not have to go through that and I know I won't. I hear ya on the time thing...especially for me to find a good dealer it's 40 mins away b/c the one 4 mins away is not worth the time it took me to type this...like so many Ford Dealers sad to say.

A master reset allows you to completely erase all information stored in SYNC (phone book, call history and text message information as well as all previously paired phones) and return to the factory default settings. I would need your VIN to check if there is a TSB for the vehicle. Sometimes, issues only affect certain vehicles depending on build date, system type, etc.

Shaay

Don't bother...when I had it at the dealer a month ago for this and several other things...they did an update to the NAV and the service manager knew about it...it seemed to work for 3 weeks...

I think if someone has to do this every 6 months, regardless of a TSB, that it is obviously not working as intended and should be replaced by Ford. I mean, what could a person do to a head unit that would screw it up like this? Nothing. It is obviously defective and should be replaced by the manufacturer regardless of age.....

Just my $.02.....

I could not agree more.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand, bosssho. If you continue to experience this issue with no resolution from the dealer, feel free to send a private message with your VIN. I'll have it looked into further.

Shaay

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back to the dealer for this again, and for the "wamp wamp" noise the suspension makes upon take off in forward or reverse...also again...and after my $100 deductible...also again...I was told this time the noise is the Fox Shocks, not the drive train, and Ford says it's normal, and unless I want to spend $4000 to replace them it's fine...and the NAV was once again updated with a different software update vs. last month...so we shall see...

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the dealer again for the NAV issue...same thing...was down in CT 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden after stopping, the NAV got stuck in CT...thank God for WAZE on my Phone...course that's only good when you have cell service...b/c the next week when I was in northern VT and my truck said I was in MA, I could NOT use WAZE. Dealer replaced entire NAV Module I guess...not sure if that's the Head Unit or what, but they are Trying for sure for me...course it was working while there so they could not duplicate the issue.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, bosssho! I hope all goes well. Don't hesitate to reach out with concerns in the future.

Shaay