2013+ 800a audio upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intersting, the kicker part number is PF150S11 from crutchfield and others, and those kits advise to NOT use aftermarket speakers

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon just dropped the price of the whole kit to $499... figures the best deals would come out after I bought mine!

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed this kit yesterday and the difference is massive. well worth the price and installation was very simple. Worst part was removing the head unit, which DID require the removal of the passenger airbag on my 2014 to pop out the trim. I also only removed the top of the shifter assembly, and used the air conditioning holes to grip and pop out the trim around the unit. The other crap the video says to do about shifting the console towards the rear is near impossible and unnecessary. Just remove the 7mm's and you're good.

I also routed both amp + feeds through the drivers side grommet and grounded both behind the parking brake, where a nice ground bolt is conveniently located. Not sure why the video recommended to route each wire separately....

but I'm very pleased with the kit, it finally sounds like a quality stock system with a significant amount of bass available. Not crazy loud but its perfection for me.

Thanks, Mad Max!

89RAPTOR

Reaction score
800a is the base model Raptor, unofficially the R model...fewer made and will be worth more than those fancy 801a models ;) lol

What I did on my 800a, I upgraded the audio to the plug and play Ford Kicker System. All Kicker equipment, DSP amp, 4 door speakers, 10" sub enclosure with 200W amp and all factory plug and play wiring harnesses (all components have "Kicker" insignia and Ford Part Numbers labeled on them). Takes only half a day to put in yourself and sounds great (much better than the Sony system). And for less than $900 it's a great deal for what all you get.

C439DBB6-2CFD-44FD-813C-D5BA6CE86ED2_zpszatjcqxn.jpg

How do you get the kit with speakers everyone I've seen all day they don't come worth speakers

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you get the kit with speakers everyone I've seen all day they don't come worth speakers

Kicker has two kits. One with just the sub which works with both systems and then the DSP kit which has the sub, amp/dsp unit and speakers which only works with the 800a unit.

And no matter how many times someone with the 800a system tries to post how it will be worth more, they are just trying to make themselves feel better that they got the lame duck model.

The trucks with the 800a sit on the lot while the 801a trucks are sold much faster. The reason there are not many built is no one wants an 800a, which is why the low numbers. And low numbers does not equal worth more. Just means less people want it..

89RAPTOR

Reaction score
Kicker has two kits. One with just the sub which works with both systems and then the DSP kit which has the sub, amp/dsp unit and speakers which only works with the 800a unit.

And no matter how many times someone with the 800a system tries to post how it will be worth more, they are just trying to make themselves feel better that they got the lame duck model.

The trucks with the 800a sit on the lot while the 801a trucks are sold much faster. The reason there are not many built is no one wants an 800a, which is why the low numbers. And low numbers does not equal worth more. Just means less people want it..

which one is the 801a ans what's the 800a?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if you have the Sony System with the Sub that is the 801a. The upgraded factory system. With that you can only add the Kicker Sub.

If you have the 800a (The basic factory system) then you also have the option of adding the Kicker DSP system with the speakers and amp along with the sub.

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yamahauler16

Reaction score

I ordered the Ford kit that comes with the speakers. I think I actually like the sound of the cheap speakers better. The Kicker speakers are a bit too bright for just normal listening. I think they sound better when you have it turned up. Either way its a massive upgrade over the stock 800a setup. Ill be trying it with the other speakers again.

Im just glad that my lame duck truck was able to finally get upgraded...With 3.0s, bumps, deavers, wheels, and sound for roughly the cost differential. But how will I ever learn to get around without that navigation system? Maybe that was the plan when I ordered it this way...:everything:

Oh and the ford kit might not have instructions. Kicker had a great write up in PDF that they sent to me. If someone needs it I can pass it their way. Takes all the guess work out of the install.