2013+ 800a audio upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it...I have a 2011 with the stock audio system, so now I am interested in this thread and the topic of ways to enhance the audio system...

Noah, are we just trying to put lipstick on a pig? lol
no. all of the systems i do retain the oem head unit. its just a matter of how far you want to take your build, and what kind of build you want. they can range anywhere from $3,000 to $20,000. anything above that and you are paying for looks and design of a system. show car stuff, which since we offroad, we dont care about show quality stuff

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
800a is the base model Raptor, unofficially the R model...fewer made and will be worth more than those fancy 801a models ;) lol

What I did on my 800a, I upgraded the audio to the plug and play Ford Kicker System. All Kicker equipment, DSP amp, 4 door speakers, 10" sub enclosure with 200W amp and all factory plug and play wiring harnesses (all components have "Kicker" insignia and Ford Part Numbers labeled on them). Takes only half a day to put in yourself and sounds great (much better than the Sony system). And for less than $900 it's a great deal for what all you get.

C439DBB6-2CFD-44FD-813C-D5BA6CE86ED2_zpszatjcqxn.jpg

Last edited:

yamahauler16

Reaction score
Just bought one of these also. some screaming deals on ebay. There are a few dealers blowing them out for less than half of retail.

I'm hoping it sounds at least as good as the Sony setup. I don't need much but the stock 800a stuf is the worst I've ever had in a newer vehicle

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
800a is the base model Raptor, unofficially the R model...fewer made and will be worth more than those fancy 801a models ;) lol

What I did on my 800a, I upgraded the audio to the plug and play Ford Kicker System. All Kicker equipment, DSP amp, 4 door speakers, 10" sub enclosure with 200W amp and all factory plug and play wiring harnesses (all components have "Kicker" insignia and Ford Part Numbers labeled on them). Takes only half a day to put in yourself and sounds great (much better than the Sony system). And for less than $900 it's a great deal for what all you get.

Mad, you are obviously adding equipment over stock.....what space is occupied over the standard system?

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mad, you are obviously adding equipment over stock.....what space is occupied over the standard system?

The DSP Amp mounts neatly under the driver's side dash. It uses 2 factory mounting points and is tucked up out of the way. The sub mounts under the passenger's rear seat (where the Sony sub would mount). The door speakers of course replace the factory ones...so really the only added equipment over the Sony is the DSP amp and wiring harnesses.

There's a 3 part youtube video that shows the install on a F150 and gives a review...

http://youtu.be/JDQ0J6w3Pjk

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Alpine has officially announced the X009-FD2 for 801a trucks. Supposedly available in March. MSRP $3.7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJnVz6Hq1dM

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

My only question is does it control the heated/cooled seats?
unfortunately not. it doesnt work with the 801a package. it is only id you have the 4.2" screen. it wont replace the current 8" screen.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

oops. misread the thread. this thread is for the 800a package. but i dont think you can get heated and cooled seats unless you have the 801a

OP
OP
prowakeskater

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score

interesting

part number on this?

compatible with scabs?

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

jesus christ this forum is overloaded

found the kit, getting it. thanks!

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting

part number on this?

compatible with scabs?

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

jesus christ this forum is overloaded

found the kit, getting it. thanks!

SCAB part number is DL3Z-18808-B

Levittown Ford has the kit for $981.63, but Amazon has the kit on sale for $549.00 (ebay also has $500-range prices)

Last edited: