2012 Raptor vs. 2013+ Raptor with HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you say that? There are all sorts of aftermarket bulbs available for the factory housings that work very well. The factory ford projector cutoff is awful. There are vastly cheaper options available over retrofitting that folks talk about. That's just throwing money away.

Agreed, PIAA makes good bulbs for reflectors. In my opinion unfocused hid light is a danger to other motorists. I'm not expecting you to agree on that point, but it's important to me. I have run a 55w hid conversion kit and didn't like the glare.
Projectors are the way to go if you want to avoid being a hazard.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always laugh when people try to say retrofit heads are too much money after they've purchased a $50k pickup. Especially considering a lot of the other pricey mods people do. Sure you can get better halogen bulbs but they'll never beat proper projectors/HIDs. Worth every penny in my opinion.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love to see what your going to go with, I have a 14 as well. If you put LEDs in the projector housing what do you have to mod?

Lol, I was being a smart ass, sorry! I'm happy with the stock lights for now..

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have some awsome light thanks @RSiWORKS

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 with standard lights and now I have a 2014 with HID's. The difference is almost night and day. The HID's are AWESOME and the standard lights suck. If you end up with a 2012, plan on upgrading your lights right away, or get a 40" light bar (that's what I did)

40" Light Bar FTMFW! Would like HID's no doubt, but when I need high beams, I just pretend to be a 747 coming in for a carrier trap.