20" M and R LED behind the grill + custom mount write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason this couldn't be mounted to the chassis side? Seems like it might be less hassle to not have to run wiring down the hood...

Guess I need to pop the hood and see what's up. I haven't really looked around under there...

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Would be very interested if it wasn't mounted to the hood!

I custom made that bracket, it isn't something M and R (or anyone sells). What are your concerns with the design? Its completely integrated to stock hole locations and doesn't get it the way of anything

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Banned
Reaction score
Bird any night videos comparing headlights only to headlights + light bar yet?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Your setup is fine

I custom made that bracket, it isn't something M and R (or anyone sells). What are your concerns with the design? Its completely integrated to stock hole locations and doesn't get it the way of anything

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

I don't have an issue with what you did Birdman it's just that I would prefer a mount like the rigid 40" that was mounted to the front frame. Concerned the way some may slam the hood down how the light would hold position and durability. I live in a front license plate state so the lower grill wont work and can't afford a 40" setup.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with what you did Birdman it's just that I would prefer a mount like the rigid 40" that was mounted to the front frame. Concerned the way some may slam the hood down how the light would hold position and durability. I live in a front license plate state so the lower grill wont work and can't afford a 40" setup.

put it this way...the grille would have to break clean off before my mount and/or the light moved. my mount is stronger than the brackets it's attached to, which are pretty damn strong. i can slam my hood and nothing would happen. but why would anyone slam your hood anyway? :peace: