2 Different brands of fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoses77

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any negative effects from running 2 different brands of fog lamps. I would like to get 2 pair of the rigid sport cube lights but also like the Baja Designs combo set for amber running lights with a possibility of using the amber spot. They will be hooked to different up fitter switches. Thank you.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as you aren’t sponsored by one brand! Get whatever the hell you want! They use different connectors but other than that is just a personal preference. I will say that I replaced all my RIGID with BD but that’s not the question here. You’ll be fine with both of that’s what you want.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think BD are better but I love the amber backlight on Rigid. Does BD now offer that on their small lights? I have the amber backlight on my LP4 but it’s pretty dim.

OP
OP
J

Jmoses77

Reaction score
As long as you aren’t sponsored by one brand! Get whatever the hell you want! They use different connectors but other than that is just a personal preference. I will say that I replaced all my RIGID with BD but that’s not the question here. You’ll be fine with both of that’s what you want.
Haha, my sporship ended last year. All kidding aside though I agree that the BD look for robust but really like the look of the midnight series from Rigid on my blacked out truck. I'm thinking of using 4 Rigid D series spots and 2 BD amber combos. They will all be going on an SVC Baja flush mount bolt on which should be arriving at the end of this week.

Cheers

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diode Dynamics also has backlit fog lamps. Their quality exceeds that of Rigid (which has quality and customer service problems that are well documented here on FRF), and they are priced quite a bit better than BD. I have one pair of DD fogs and they are excellent.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been toying with those too. So you would recommend DD over the rigid?
I have not owned a Rigid product. However given what has been written about them on FRF, yes I would recommend DD products over Rigid products. DD has exceptional customer support. I had trouble with their LED replacements for the front side markers. They kept burning out. I called the company, explained what I was seeing, and they immediately sent out a pair of side marker LEDs of a different design. No charge, and problem solved. Can't ask for better customer support than that. (And I learned that there is something a little odd about the Raptor front side marker wiring. I don't know what it is, of course, but my problem is solved and I have much more light there.)