Voluntary Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

There is the possible issue with the nut shearing off the center pin on the 1" UCA. This issue appears to be from a batch of 1" center pins that might have suffered hydrogen embrittlement during the heat treat process. The batch in question is from the dates of Dec 2011-May-2012 and is isolated to 1" UCA center pins.

If you have a 1" UCA that was purchased within these date please contact us so we can send you out a new set of UCA Center pins.

Just so everyone knows, this is not a widespread issue but we want to air on the side of caution and safety.

Thanks

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Before anyone has a chance to jump down your throat, I want to say thanks for being awesome. Good job catching an issue, letting everyone know and handling it.

Thanks,

We have put these things through hell and back with our own trucks. Hell, my UCA took a direct hit on a steel pole and didn't break. The good news is it was a small run of pins so it's not wide spread over the whole year.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's always embarrassing/sucks when a call like this has to be made. But you do the right thing, take you lickings and move on. Hopefully a better stronger company.

Sounds like you have some tight controls on you heat treat process. How did you find the error.

I ordered my UCAs on 6/25. I know you need a cut off point, but just wondering if mine should be included? Or reinsurance of the May date.
Thanks,
Yukon Joe