D-Rings Rusting???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chriskent85

Reaction score
ive had the BAKflip F2 for about 6 months now, the D-ring near the cab are rusting and the little circle plate near them are corroding. How can i get this taken care of, do i gave to drive 2hr to the place i got it installed or will baK send me another one with a call tag for mine?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you still have your 2 year factory warranty, I suggest you call Bakflip directly. If not, I'm sure some rustoleum will take care of that rather quickly and cheaply.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Morrie doesnt come on the forum very often, but give him a call with questions. hes a good guy and upfront and honest, that would be your best bet.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
x2 to Jugg. give Morrie a call, email or send him a pm. posting this in his vendor forum is probably the worst way to resolve it. if there's anyone that can help you, it's him.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive had the BAKflip F2 for about 6 months now, the D-ring near the cab are rusting and the little circle plate near them are corroding. How can i get this taken care of, do i gave to drive 2hr to the place i got it installed or will baK send me another one with a call tag for mine?

Who did you buy it from? Did you send in your Warr Info card?

thanks randy

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

Reaction score
So i got a hold of bak and they said

"Chris,

I'm not sure what could have caused this as those items are made from aluminum which doesn't rust.

I willc ertainly get you replacement elevator bolts and new "D" rings sent out"

Someone doesn't know what they are talking about with the d-rings. I guess they want me to drill out the rivets on the D-rings and re rivet them on, suck they want me to do their work, i shouldn't have to do that, and to top it off i will then have to paint he rivet, but oh well, at least they didn't say it wasn't covered

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris, you should express your concern with Bak Industries. I don't know how the BakFlip is pieced together but if it's not something that you installed yourself, they should replace the entire piece that you did. Let them know... The worst thing they could say is no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter