Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here we are over 4 months since my last post in this thread, and for the record I have nothing negative to report. I've done a ton of highway, in town, and off road driving with my shocks set at the top perch and everything still feels nice. I've taken several jumps since moving the perch and the landings really don't feel much different than they did when I had the shocks set at the low (factory) position.

CB17

Reaction score
Can anyone say just how level the perch adjustment is at the second setting? I mean is it equal to installing a 2" leveling kit?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone say just how level the perch adjustment is at the second setting? I mean is it equal to installing a 2" leveling kit?

I can't, because I went straight from low position to high position, but I'm sure one of these guys who has gone to the middle can speak to it.

Whatever height you're considering doing, my 2 cents says perch adjustment > leveling kit.

I say those perches were put there for a reason, and I'm too stubborn to listen to anyone who tries to tell me different. :)

Hey Raptizzle, aren't you on the middle perch still?

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the top after sitting on the middle for about a month. Even on the middle the truck sat slightly nose down. Go big or go home!! :005:

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the middle is where ford originally intended for it to be, but the height did not comply with height regulations, so it was moved down to the lowest,

ride, stance, overall look is drastically improved on the highest setting, like BO said we have a step byby step pictorial on our site.

Adjusting your front Fox Coil-Overs

hope this helps.

Lead Foot

Reaction score
One of the Best looking Stances I've seen on 35's was TXRaptor's truck...

He went to the Middle perch,then took the Factory 2 1/2 block out the rear and Installed a 2" ,Which looked level and beotchin on those Red letter Tires :~)

TXRaptor's Truck is one of the Nicer ones i've seen so far...

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
One of the Best looking Stances I've seen on 35's was TXRaptor's truck...

He went to the Middle perch,then took the Factory 2 1/2 block out the rear and Installed a 2" ,Which looked level and beotchin on those Red letter Tires :~)

TXRaptor's Truck is one of the Nicer ones i've seen so far...

I'll be happy with an extra 1/2" of fender gap in the rear, an inch would be better. I think the middle will be perfect.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like a ********* (probably any chick..but better to picture them hot) getting a boob job. They always want bigger after the fact. My money is on you going up to the top after you have a hard time motor boating the middle... :baby: