How does geiser on mid perch handle extra weights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the situation: my truck was at mid-perch/stock coils, with a whipple and a winch installed after, front height went down to 40.75inch and the extra weights made the ride kinda uncomforable.

Then I had the geiser coils installed, knowing that geiser is 2inch longer than stock, I set it back to low-perch. The ride indeed improved a lot! However the truck is now down to 40.25inch front :facepalm:

My question is: if I am going back to mid-perch on these geiser coils, am I going to have a rough ride again?

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the situation: my truck was at mid-perch/stock coils, with a whipple and a winch installed after, front height went down to 40.75inch and the extra weights made the ride kinda uncomforable.

Then I had the geiser coils installed, knowing that geiser is 2inch longer than stock, I set it back to low-perch. The ride indeed improved a lot! However the truck is now down to 40.25inch front :facepalm:

My question is: if I am going back to mid-perch on these geiser coils, am I going to have a rough ride again?
I have Geisers on midperch and don't have a winch. The ride is a little stiffer than stock but the improvement offroad is well worth it. Although they are two inches longer they only add about an inch of lift at best.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Geisers on midperch and don't have a winch. The ride is a little stiffer than stock but the improvement offroad is well worth it. Although they are two inches longer they only add about an inch of lift at best.

Stiffer than stock coils/mid perch? Well, that's not what I want to have... Put another 300lbs mass (whipple+winch etc..) on top of it, it will only get worse I guess.

What is your height measurement wheel center to fender?

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stiffer than stock coils/mid perch? Well, that's not what I want to have... Put another 300lbs mass (whipple+winch etc..) on top of it, it will only get worse I guess.

What is your height measurement wheel center to fender?
Am at 26 1/2 at wheel center to fender. Adding weight should make it ride a little smoother. They do handle bumps and whoops much much better than stock springs did.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought more weight + pressed coils result more pre loads... which means stiffer? Correct me if I am wrong.

Mine is 25inch center to fender. So going to mid will give me about 26inch, that sounds good to me, if it doesn't mess up the ride again. Worth the hassle to try? :think:

Anyone used the RPG "quick" way to do geiser coils? Wonder if it's even doable that way, geiser coils are 2inch longer.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience has been that a little extra weight softens the ride a bit. I did the RPG way when I set stock springs on midperch but it might get a little tricky on the Geiser springs, I wouldn't try it with the spring compressers you can rent at auto part stores. The coils are tighter at top and bottom of springs and don't leave a lot of room to get compressers on. Maybe somebody who has tried it on Geisers can chime in.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Geiger springs on mid perch. I also have a winch mounted in stock bumper. I really like this setup. On very first install I thought it was rough but as it broke in the ride is great. I disconnect sway bar and the off road ride is great!

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Geiger springs on mid perch. I also have a winch mounted in stock bumper. I really like this setup. On very first install I thought it was rough but as it broke in the ride is great. I disconnect sway bar and the off road ride is great!

How's the on road compare to stock/mid?

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too low in the front, right?
attachment.php

Coils are already compressed a lot on bottom perch.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Almost like on mid-perch already(photo of UTV)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170605_095916.jpg
    IMG_20170605_095916.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20170605_095951.jpg
    IMG_20170605_095951.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20170605_100002.jpg
    IMG_20170605_100002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 67
  • geiser-springs-ford-raptor-uac-ball-joint-002.jpg
    geiser-springs-ford-raptor-uac-ball-joint-002.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cant see your pictures.

but i did want to ask with you guys running these springs on mid perch, are you able to hit the bumpstop of the shock before bottoming or bouncing the coil off itself?