Fox 3.0 update for gen 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

occory123

Reaction score
Anyone know if Fox will be updating the gen 1 package to be inline with the newly released shocks for the gen 2. Love the finned reservoir and black/orange look of the new gen 2 package. Fox appears to have made some big advancements since the gen one package was introduced.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish and hope! I also saw King came out with their 3.0 with IBP for the Gen 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
occory123

occory123

Reaction score
I'd think they'd be smart to. With the new tech, and larger vented reservoirs I'd think many gen 1 guys would be interested. Plus their coustomer base of gen 1 guys is much greater. Just sayin. Come on Fox!

JRayes1979

Reaction score
Though I would hop on since were on the 3.0 subject...

Does anyone know if the 2017 front stock 3.0's will fit a 2013?

Thanks!

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Though I would hop on since were on the 3.0 subject...

Does anyone know if the 2017 front stock 3.0's will fit a 2013?

Thanks!

Doubt it. They wouldn't make it a different part number if it was the same shock. I believe extended/collapsed lengths are different. Hose lengths are different due to different mounting.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Anyone know if Fox will be updating the gen 1 package to be inline with the newly released shocks for the gen 2. Love the finned reservoir and black/orange look of the new gen 2 package. Fox appears to have made some big advancements since the gen one package was introduced.

The Gen 1 stuff would have to be modified. The 17+ Fox stuff uses recirculating reservoirs (so there in an in and a out), as the Gen 1 is a single hose. However, you can buy the reservoir separate if you wanted to try to give that a go.

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish and hope! I also saw King came out with their 3.0 with IBP for the Gen 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish King would offer the 3.0 with IPB for a Gen 1. I scored some new King 3.0”s with clickers and finned resis for a smoking deal so they will have to do. The new IPB technology is just cool though.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wish King would offer the 3.0 with IPB for a Gen 1. I scored some new King 3.0”s with clickers and finned resis for a smoking deal so they will have to do. The new IPB technology is just cool though.

Any chance of scoring another set? I need new 3.0’s ASAP