Cant decide, opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mendan

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here, but long time lurker.

I got my 2012 Race red supercrew Raptor about a month ago and today I am planning on raising the perch. My front measures 30.5" to the fender and 33.5" in the rear. It seems even more nose down than most peoples. I would like an even look but I dont want problems from it.

I have 20" Fuel hostage with toyo 35s coming this week also. I guess I am looking for some advice on whether to go top or middle perch. I am aware that with top I will need cam kit and have a little more alignment issues, but are there other things I will need to worry about? I also dont want a nose up look, but im thinking that with a 3" difference right now, that i wont have any nose up look.

I appreciate your responses!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had mine on mid for 35k miles with zero problems. There are guys here that have theirs on the top with the same results...

OP
OP
M

mendan

Reaction score
Anyone with mid perch know their before and after measurements to front wheel well?
How far from level are they?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I my measurements on my truck were similar to yours, I think I was 31 something in the front and 33 in the rear. When I did mid perch it jumped me up to 32.5 or so. It looked level but it was just ever so slightly nose down.

Perch mod is great, and it really changes the feel of your truck. If you've driven it a good bit, you'll notice a big difference when you get in it after doing it. At least I did.

OP
OP
M

mendan

Reaction score
I my measurements on my truck were similar to yours, I think I was 31 something in the front and 33 in the rear. When I did mid perch it jumped me up to 32.5 or so. It looked level but it was just ever so slightly nose down.

yea i would be extremely happy with 32.5 and 33. But if mine is 30.5 and 33.5 now, than im probably looking at 32 and 33.5 when im done.

im leaning towards going mid perch just because of the less worries that come along with it. (camber, UCA, CV etc) but i would really love it to be closer to even, without lowering the rear.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
here's a suggestion, to get an idea of what it'll look like on mid, just put a jack under the middle of the front of your truck, then jack it up until it's 1.5" taller, then stand back and look. See if it's the look you like, if not, just go top perch.

OP
OP
M

mendan

Reaction score
here's a suggestion, to get an idea of what it'll look like on mid, just put a jack under the middle of the front of your truck, then jack it up until it's 1.5" taller, then stand back and look. See if it's the look you like, if not, just go top perch.

good idea!