Another Reason Why..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around December i had ford install a leveling kit on my Raptor(what they recommend to not void warranty)

After going on the Desert Heat Run and talking with Gordon i decided to remove the leveling kit and do the middle perch this week especially after reading BigJ's post. I Had all the markings where the Upper control arm were hitting the coils and could see all the stress on my CV's. And it was noticeable the truck was not handling to its full potential.

A local shop quoted me 220 to remove the kit and install perch. when the took the truck apart this is what they found :disgust: .....

IMG_2090.jpg

The welding broke all the way around

this was the other side not broken yet but definently was close

IMG_2091.jpg

Please , anyone thinking about a leveling kit save your money and frustration

-Jeffrey
(p.s i apologize for my grammar or poor write up skills )

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any1 tried daystar 2" ? They seem much stronger than those in pics...

i think the daystars are what bigj used. lots of worn parts on his truck when he pulled it off. do NOT do a level kit. no need with the ability to do perch mod. they made the truck for mid perch, only reason they dropped it to bottom was for DOT

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Stay away from the kits! they allow the suspension to drop further than it should causing it to hit and stress the CVs. Plus mid perch is how you get the suspension to act how it should. Bottom is too soft and spongy.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Desert Heat was a good run. A mixture of fast, slow rocky, and some fast whoops. I'm not suprised those welds broke. At least you will be good to go for next run.

After a second look, you are lucky there was enough preload in springs and or not enough droop to let that whole assembly lift apart and then you could have been REALLY F€£&ED

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Desert Heat was a good run. A mixture of fast, slow rocky, and some fast whoops. I'm not suprised those welds broke. At least you will be good to go for next run.

After a second look, you are lucky there was enough preload in springs and or not enough droop to let that whole assembly lift apart and then you could have been REALLY F€£&ED

yea i do not even want to even begin to think about that.

I just wish ford knew more about there product before putting something like this together, i'm pretty sure i paid more then double what my perch mod cost for ford to install a leveling kit. oh well live and learn

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, if Ford installed under warranty , and said it would not void warranty, then why not have them remove it and replace damaged parts??????

Joe