Raptor to Return in 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a bad time for me to be debating a raptor.

From Jamals comments I have read it seems the raptor will continue, whether its in 15 or 16, (I read the same "raptor wont be back in 14" awhile back).

From some of the other comments I have read, Levine I think, there wont be an eco raptor. I think that comment stemmed from the liability issue with ford after seeing some youtube videos.

This is a hard as hell decision for me. Im only doing this once, and I don't want to get stuck with an old bodystyle if they make a new one. Mainly because I don't trade off vehicles. My current truck is 10 years old.

On the other hand, if they stick a damn ecoboost in a raptor Im not buying it. Id rather whipple a 6.2 instead of having a 6000lb v6 that sounds like a ricer

Hearing rumors of taking the 6.2 out of the raptor kind of ****** me off. Im always late to everything. :mad3:

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a bad time for me to be debating a raptor.

From Jamals comments I have read it seems the raptor will continue, whether its in 15 or 16, (I read the same "raptor wont be back in 14" awhile back).

From some of the other comments I have read, Levine I think, there wont be an eco raptor. I think that comment stemmed from the liability issue with ford after seeing some youtube videos.

This is a hard as hell decision for me. Im only doing this once, and I don't want to get stuck with an old bodystyle if they make a new one. Mainly because I don't trade off vehicles. My current truck is 10 years old.

On the other hand, if they stick a damn ecoboost in a raptor Im not buying it. Id rather whipple a 6.2 instead of having a 6000lb v6 that sounds like a ricer

Hearing rumors of taking the 6.2 out of the raptor kind of ****** me off. Im always late to everything. :mad3:

Then get a 2014

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sounds easy doesn't it?

Very easy. Here's one I got today :
ehytytyn.jpg

I too was worried of a new engine in the next generation. I love the 6.2 and had to have it.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. my choice is the blue plain s.cab if I do it. Both the white and blue scabs were my favorites overall, especially after some aftermarket things were done.

The wounded warrior project blue raptor was my favorite so far

RamtoRap

Reaction score
Yep. my choice is the blue plain s.cab if I do it. Both the white and blue scabs were my favorites overall, especially after some aftermarket things were done.

The wounded warrior project blue raptor was my favorite so far

I'm with ya man. That's what I would get is a blue scab. I still love my 2010 Ram, but don't want to miss out on this truck if they change it for the worse. Plus I really like the blue interior and don't see that sticking around forever either.
I wish I could drive one but there is no scabs around me here in Minnesota.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, just wait till you have all the information you need, and buy a low mileage used 1st gen if you dont like what they do with the 2nd gen. Its not like Ford to take a step back though. I guess we will see.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just buy it. I ordered mine from only having looked at one in the commissary parking lot for two minutes. So untested, undroven, unplayedwith. Walked in, layed down some cash, and said "I hope I like it. " loved it from the day I took delivery and would order it the exact same way if I sold this one.

I wish I was driving right now.