Wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm installing my Baja Designs lightbars this weekend and am trying to figure out how to hook up the dimming switch that comes with the Baja wiring harnesses and still work with the factory switches. I can't seem to figure out how to eliminate the relay and switch that come on the harness and only use the dimming button and factory switch. I would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which light bar did you get? I have the 40" arc racer and the S8 that I'll be wiring soon, and I didn't get a switch and relay with either one..

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dimming switch will need to be spliced into the circuit at the pass thru wire junction behind the glove box so you can have access to it inside the cab. You won't need the relay as the factory switch already has a relay. The wire harness you have is designed as a stand alone circuit so you can eliminate the relay and on/off switch if you put it on a upfitter switch, just add in the dimmer switch.

OP
OP
cbcgeneral

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which light bar did you get? I have the 40" arc racer and the S8 that I'll be wiring soon, and I didn't get a switch and relay with either one..

I have a 44" arc and a 30" duel power amber and white. They come with the wiring harness that you have to buy separately for like $75 each which is why I'd really like to use the hi/low beam function.

Plasti dip. I hear it does everything...

**** lol

The dimming switch will need to be spliced into the circuit at the pass thru wire junction behind the glove box so you can have access to it inside the cab. You won't need the relay as the factory switch already has a relay. The wire harness you have is designed as a stand alone circuit so you can eliminate the relay and on/off switch if you put it on a upfitter switch, just add in the dimmer switch.

Ok that makes sense. Just wire in before I hook the power lead to the block I have for the switches. I wasn't sure if cutting out the relay and toggle switch on the harness would screw something up. Thanks I appreciate it.