What are the most essential lighting upgrades? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was going to buy just two lights in the beginning, it would be some hood cannons and a 20" light bar for the front bumper. If you're going to go all out, then I would buy a 50" light bar mounted above the windshield. Look around a little at what others are running and send me a PM with any questions you might have. We've got some great pricing going right now for everything you will need.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With a front bumper upgrade, you can have a wide variation of lighting upgrades as well.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two cannons and a 20 inch rigid in the bumper, but I still wish I had a little more. I'd say that definitely wouldn't be enough for desert running in my opinion

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got five light cannons and a 60" Baja designs arc, still haven't installed the arc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After many years racing rally cars I can say unless it's dusty, foggy, or snow dust you can never have enough light. At a mimnimum a 20" LED light bar, vision x 17,000 lumen for example and a set of hood lights is a good starting point. I have been running vision x 4.5" HIDs on the hood mounts for 4 years , they are good but not as bright as I would like so I am going to the Baja XL Racers LEDs. Next after a new bumper will be some XL80s to replace the light bar, 4 of those will more then double the old light bar out put.