Rigid 30inch LightBar installation Upper Grill ABOVE the FORD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Rigid 30in installed above the Ford. It was mounted to the grill supports. I found that when I didn't use brackets the light would sometimes move causing issues with the aiming of it all. I ended up getting some aluminum stock from Lowes and bent my own brackets. Used two bolts to mount it to the grill supports, the light bar slid into the "C" shaped brackets and then a bolt through to those. Stopped it from moving.

And just to clarify, I slotted the bottom holes for the bracket itself so I could adjust as needed.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mounted my 30" under the hood above the FORD. I didn't want it mounted to the grill supports - thought over time it would cause problems. Made my own mounts attached to the radiator support. Took a little finesse of the brackets to get clearance for the grill supports, but man is it strong! Will post some pics one of these days.....

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my 30" under the hood above the FORD. I didn't want it mounted to the grill supports - thought over time it would cause problems. Made my own mounts attached to the radiator support. Took a little finesse of the brackets to get clearance for the grill supports, but man is it strong! Will post some pics one of these days.....
Man....a little too late. Mine is mounted to grill brackets[emoji23] [emoji24]

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got an E2 today. Gonna mount to the grill supports...F..it! There are 2 holes on the grill support that fit the bolts on the bar. I will probably have to add washers to either side to be able to tighten everything down. So far all I've had to do is push my horn bracket back for clearance. Then I'm going to dremel out the two center supports above the Ford to allow more light through. This will be in the area of the middle Hyperspot.

I originally bought this to go on the front top of the Venom bumper but they have slightly redesigned that bumper up top and it will no longer accommodate the bar.

I must say that this is killing me to have spent 1000 on a light bar and gonna get 600 worth of light out of it.

Oh well easy money and I don't have to worry about theft.

Wish me luck.

After reading Birdmans write up I am going to drill holes to accommodate the supplied bolts on the E2. Makes good sense and will lock them down better. Thanks Ol' Birdy!

Last edited:

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
29ed20c7ae6c9c6ee0ad5db4cb4a03cf.jpg

Done.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2ab31708079940df133b6d6d64baaafa.jpg

08c29219a2efbaf301eaaa6b4761ef28.jpg

Try and get some night shots to night

I also cut the two center grill attachments above the FORD with a dremel. You can see them in this pic but I have since removed them. I am debating about the other two on the outside.

Last edited: