Recon Mirror Side Marker Lights....FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I bought these right after I picked up my used '10 raptor in Jan '13. It's only been 3 months installed and noticed this yesterday. On my passenger mirror, I could see where the lense and base separated. I popped it out and used some 5min epoxy to reseal it back together. Also seeing how easy these things popped out (with my fingers), I also added a little bit of epoxy on the tabs so they don't pop out on their own like they did once at the car wash.

Sorry there's no pictures, I copied to my computer and erased off my phone but some how they all didn't copy.

I actually still think they're great pieces to have, but I'd put a little bit of epoxy on them prior to installing so they can't separate like mine did. Just giving a heads up to anyone considering buying them.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've heard too many bad things about Recon products to ever purchase them. However...I'm glad you've made your set work and hope you're pleased with them!

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've heard too many bad things about Recon products to ever purchase them. However...I'm glad you've made your set work and hope you're pleased with them!

I did to prior to ordering them, but figured what the heck...I won't lie, they are definitely a bonus and work great. All negatives seem to be directed towards tail lights. Not the worse thing with these, but definitely wanted to post my input for others considering. Just glad I caught before it ripped all the way off. I also sealed the driver's side as a precaution.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah..I saw some the other night on an F-250 in the local diesel club in College Station...I was surprised at how bright they were. But $300?! I'll just buy some EL tape and do it on my own!

Also, you and I have very similar taste in trucks. A lot of your mods are similar to what I plan on doing.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Yeah..I saw some the other night on an F-250 in the local diesel club in College Station...I was surprised at how bright they were. But $300?! I'll just buy some EL tape and do it on my own!

Also, you and I have very similar taste in trucks. A lot of your mods are similar to what I plan on doing.

Nah, the 150's must not be near as expensive as the 250's... Mine were right around $100 shipped. The fender vents are little too much for what they are though.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In process of doing this now. I have the LED strip from Pep Boys, and a can of Nite shades. I dremeled the reflectors so everything will fit. Need to paint the reflectors with the Nite shades and wire them up.