Parking light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was reading on a couple of other threads about connection the parking lights to one of the aux switches in order to keep the lights on any time the truck is on and keeping headlights in auto. I like this idea and it seems fairly simple to do, but I am a picture guy, meaning I do better with things if I see how something is done. Can anyone who has done this maybe by picture or diagram point me in the right direction on doing this? Also I guess I need to do go a head and wire the aux switch in the glove box like I have seen done? Thanks for your help.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a grey 10-pin connector on the passenger side behind/below the glove box trim; it's the only 10-pin connector in the vicinity. Pin #6 in that connector is fed with a yellow w/ blue tracer wire and it's the + wire for the parking lamps. All you need to do is tap into that wire with the wire from whichever aux switch you plan to use. This seems pretty straight forward and I'm not sure pictures are really necessary.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a grey 10-pin connector on the passenger side behind/below the glove box trim; it's the only 10-pin connector in the vicinity. Pin #6 in that connector is fed with a yellow w/ blue tracer wire and it's the + wire for the parking lamps. All you need to do is tap into that wire with the wire from whichever aux switch you plan to use. This seems pretty straight forward and I'm not sure pictures are really necessary.

With your explanation of it you might be right, pictures may not be needed. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No being a SA but on my truck there are 2 10 pin connectors. One on top of the other. One of them has a yellow with blue trace wire, when I unplugged it it cut the front parking lights off, the rear lights were still on. Is this normal? sy8e3y9a.jpg

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did with mine...I hate tapping into factory wires, so I just press-fitted the wire into the back side of the block with the correct wire. It's worked great so far, since it fits very snugly into the connector and the area is well covered from being aciidentally kicked.
null_zps9b807656.jpg

I,know,what you mean about seeing something firsthand - i can do almost anything once I've seen it once, but visualizing it can sometimes be tough!

I love running the parking lights on this truck!!

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I did with mine...I hate tapping into factory wires, so I just press-fitted the wire into the back side of the block with the correct wire. It's worked great so far, since it fits very snugly into the connector and the area is well covered from being aciidentally kicked.
null_zps9b807656.jpg

I,know,what you mean about seeing something firsthand - i can do almost anything once I've seen it once, but visualizing it can sometimes be tough!

I love running the parking lights on this truck!!

Thanks a lot, this helps so much. One other question for you. If I connect it to the Aux #3 do I tie the aux together in order to make the aux switch work?

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Here's a really good thread about the aux wires and the pass-through wires.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/wire-raptor-aux-upfitter-switches-20335/

There's only one wire you have to attach, since the system is already grounded. The only thing you'll need to do, is attach a short length (maybe 2 ft) of the same gauge wire (roughly) to the aux wire for the switch you want to use - I used the #3, but may move it to the #4, since it's the lightest duty and the park lights don't need much. Then pull the new wire through a good path to the correct connector (in photo), cut the wire so there's not a lot of excess, then strip the wire back a bit (i twisted it and doubled the exposed wires over so they would fit really tight next to the connector pin). How tight it is will vary a bit depending on the gauge you use. Flp the switch and you should get power whenever the ignition is on. Hope all this made sense...
Good luck with the install!

Last edited:
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're welcome.

There's only one wire you have to attach, since the system is already grounded. The only thing you'll need to do, is attach a short length (maybe 2 ft) of the same gauge wire (roughly) to the aux wire for the switch you want to use - I used the #3, but may move it to the #4, since it's the lightest duty and the park lights don't need much. Then pull the new wire through a good path to the correct connector (in photo), cut the wire so there's not a lot of excess, then strip the wire back a bit (i twisted it and doubled the exposed wires over so they would fit really tight next to the connector pin). How tight it is will vary a bit depending on the gauge you use. Flp the switch and you should get power whenever the ignition is on. Hope all this made sense...

Makes plenty of since, I will do it tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
2010 wired differently

I attempted to wire the parking lights to an aux switch as shown here but I found that the 2010 is wired differently then the 2013's shown in this thread. I have two plugs both with more then 10 connector. No yellow wire with blue tracer in either, there is a yellow with purple and a solid yellow. I didn't want to risk popping a fuse or shorting something out. daddycreswell's post said when he unplugged his connector the back marker lights were still on, does this mod only enable the front marker and parking lights to be on? If any one has a wiring schematic for the 2010 and can pin point the right wire for me it would be greatly appreciated. Here's is a pic of the two connectors on the 2010.

Attachments

• 2014-01-12 13.43.44.jpg
    2014-01-12 13.43.44.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I attempted to wire the parking lights to an aux switch as shown here but I found that the 2010 is wired differently then the 2013's shown in this thread. I have two plugs both with more then 10 connector. No yellow wire with blue tracer in either, there is a yellow with purple and a solid yellow. I didn't want to risk popping a fuse or shorting something out. daddycreswell's post said when he unplugged his connector the back marker lights were still on, does this mod only enable the front marker and parking lights to be on? If any one has a wiring schematic for the 2010 and can pin point the right wire for me it would be greatly appreciated. Here's is a pic of the two connectors on the 2010.

Google can be your friend, I didn't look for wire color on a 2010 but I did figure out that the tail lights are connected to the 32 pin connector. So if you do this mod it only turns on the front ones.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

You're welcome.

Another question for you. When I messed with it last night I notice when I pulled that 10 pin out it only cut the front parking off. Come to find out the back parking lights are controlled by the 32 pin connector. Can I run 2 wires one from 10 pin and another from 32 pin to one wire on the aux. Making both front and back come on? Thanks