No-cut hood mounts comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks @Bussy ! Here are some output shots of @Nick@Apollo-Optics truck. He has 10 Apollo4 10W on his Rogue bumper. 8 spots, 2 floods. He also has an Elite 30" Spot behind the grill and an Elite 20" amber behind the "Rogue" lettering on his bumper (lower grill).

In order from first to last:
  1. No lights, just a shot of the neighborhood
  2. Low beams
  3. High beams
  4. Apollo4 10W lights on bumper (8 spots, 2 floods)
  5. 30" spot behind the grill (upper grill)
  6. 20" amber behind "Rogue" lettering in bumper
  7. All lights on

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 106

Rock-eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to get a set of these brackets but the installation scares me. I have read it's a major pain in the ass. I like the idea of the slots in the bracket so it can be slipped in.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted almost $500 (4+ hours labor) for my hood light cannon install. Not that I can't do it but just don't have much free time. But thought shit can't be that hard.

So by myself bought the outlaw mounts and light cannons and started install. It's really not that hard. Took maybe an hour to get the brackets on. Mounting the lights after was a bitch though.

Keys to install by yourself. First take the lower clip and hood shock mount off the bracket and prop the hood open with a broom or something. I installed the first bracket with the shocks on and there is no way in hell to get the bracket back to the original location so the hood lines are correct with the fenders. 2nd I took a Dremel and notched the back hole out of the hood mount so I could still keep the back bolt loose but threaded and slide the back part of the mount where it needed to be. Again I strongly recommend notching the rear portion of the light mount so the rear hood mount bolt does not need to be completely removed (last side I got cute and did not and cross threaded the bolt like others) and..... If you have no help you have got to take the hood shock lower portion off so the hood is not constantly ******** up the realignment of the hood.

It is a real pain in the ass but seriously not that hard and would have been a lot easier if I had help. There are lots of threads on FRF and I took some advice from each of them.

Give it the old college try. You will be surprised.

Oh one more thing.... Definitely stuff the fender well area the WHOLE time your working. Lost one of the light cannon mount bolts in the abyss. I aware every time I get confident I turn into an idiot.

Last edited: