New Model Spyder Headlight releasing next month.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was following the part number awhile back and most places were showing a March delivery with a pre-order. Are you confusing these with the older ones maybe?

Here are the newer ones.
https://www.carid.com/spyder/black-...9-lbdrl-bk.html?singleid=145252442&url=812422

Older ones. (What I have now)
https://www.carid.com/2011-ford-f-150-headlights/spyder-u-bar-projector-headlights-284589729.html

could be, they look very similar...I would love if they made the led ring glow like on the newer chargers...I had the halogen version of these spyders and I felt that the white ring didn't glow much

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be, they look very similar...I would love if they made the led ring glow like on the newer chargers...I had the halogen version of these spyders and I felt that the white ring didn't glow much

You should look at my build threads in my sig (Mostly the round 2 one). I put some nice lights behind mine, and they are really bright.

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in your test comparisons. Been looking to upgrade to HIDs but they are too much $$$ for me right now. These LEDs might be a really nice alternative. But like others have said, I think the white C ring is too much.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in your test comparisons. Been looking to upgrade to HIDs but they are too much $$$ for me right now. These LEDs might be a really nice alternative. But like others have said, I think the white C ring is too much.

The lights posted are not LED. Just a replica headlight with a crappy projector and halogens bulbs. But given the price you could retrofit these and still come in under the price of a set of OEM HIDs.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The release has been pushed back till the end of March now. On the plus side, I got $20 off.

OP
OP
M3toSVT

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared a cheapo light meter to an expensive one that is calibrated.
Off by 20-30 LUX. At 2000 LUX, that's not too bad.
20170308_110128_zpswmxsooon.jpg