KC light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to the forum.

I purchased a set up with KC lights installed, but the guy I bought the set up from didn't remove the wiring for them. So now I am left with just the lights and the plug piece coming off the light . I looked on Amazon for a kit but I am alittle lost to what I need for the 4 lights. I was planning on tying them into my switches .

If anyone could lead me to a kit or something that would work that would help me a ton.

Thanks !

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there just 2 wires on each light to a plug? You could go to the kc website and order the plug wires but probably not really needed. Are you capable of charging a battery without help? If so I think you should be able to wire up these lights, the uplifted switch info is in your owners manual. There are also countless threads on the subject within this forum. Good luck, post some pics!

OP
OP
Justinkennebell

Justinkennebell

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply's . I all ready found the thread on wiring it to the uplifter switches . I was wondering if I need all the extra wires that come with the KC wire kits or is the a simpler kit available.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you don't need all that other garbage as it includes relays, etc and your truck comes with that all built in. Follow the instructions in your owners manual and/or the threads on here.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the KC setup you have is one of the Raptor specific 4 pod ones the stock harness is fairly simple (no relays etc), it just runs a power and ground down to the lights. It is nicely made though. If you want one you should be able to order a replacement harness directly from a KC dealer.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get the KC wire harness even though it comes as a stand alone wiring kit you don't have to use it as such. It will give a more factory look and plug right into the KC lights. If you are going to wire to the Raptor upfitter switches you won't need the fuse and switch portion of the harness so you just cut that part off.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply's . I all ready found the thread on wiring it to the uplifter switches . I was wondering if I need all the extra wires that come with the KC wire kits or is the a simpler kit available.

Talk to KC they have the wiring harnesses you can purchase that mate up.

Wiring Harness for Two Lights with 2-Pin Deutsch Connectors - KC #6308

As previously stated, cut the wires to use the plug and splice the red and black into your wire lead. Good to go.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you contact KC you shoudl be able to get an even simpler kit than the one linked above. The one that comes with the 4 pod setup is just 4 light connectors wired and loomed up together, correct length to get up to the upfitter location.