Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
The piece of paper I got from the dealer with the service notes seemed to list this as one of the things they did, I should be able to give it a chance shortly. Updates will follow !

Awesome!! Thanks for the update and looking forward to the next one!

@infinitereality What is the best back up bulb you have put in? I see multiple options on your thread and not really sure what you ended up with.

These are the ones that are the brightest and whitest. I run them in my reverse lights as well as cargo lights.
2X 50W CREE XBD T10 168 LED Panel Bulb Wedge Indicator Light Lamps White W5W 921 | eBay

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
What are you running in your rear tail lights?

I tried LED bulbs and a set of Spyder LED tails. Always got hyperflash, even though had load resistors. Even tried adding different combos of load resistors with no luck.

Seems like every Raptor is different, some can run with no issues and then some like me can't run at all.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I tried LED bulbs and a set of Spyder LED tails. Always got hyperflash, even though had load resistors. Even tried adding different combos of load resistors with no luck.

Seems like every Raptor is different, some can run with no issues and then some like me can't run at all.

Do you have any left over from the failed attempts, or were you able to return them?

I could prob take some off your hands so they arent collecting dust

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I did at my old house, but I have no clue what happened to them between there, apartment/storage and at new house/shop. I'm getting power and lights done in the shop and they should be done next weekend. Once they're out of there I will be setting up the shop and I'm sure will come across them.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to replace the vanity mirror lights to leds. Does anyone know the bulb type or which style to go with?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@cubiefan101 It's covered in the first post in this thread. #74 bulb. There's a hole in the side of the bulb holder. You can use a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the bulb out from the bottom rather than trying to pull the bulb out from the top. It's in there pretty good.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the LEDs from Diode Dynamics? I was given the name by a lighting company that I bought some retrofits from. The LEDs are assembled in Missouri, they have a 3 year warranty on the bulbs and a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if they don't work or hyperflash. The downside is they aren't very cheap. The front turn signal bulbs are $60 a set for the ones brighter then stock, ones not as bright are $30. Add to that a set of resisters and they are $70 all together for the lights and resistors. I bought a set and they should be here tomorrow. Worst case I can return them and get my money back. They also have a switchback bulb for the front that is white and then goes to amber when you use the turn signal. They appear to have great feedback with the Fusion, Mustang and some European car forums. To do the taillights it would be $140 for four bulbs and resistors so I'm holding off on that until I try the front signals first. There is a video on YouTube of a Raptor that they did as well and everything appears to work without any hyperflash.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the LEDs from Diode Dynamics? I was given the name by a lighting company that I bought some retrofits from. The LEDs are assembled in Missouri, they have a 3 year warranty on the bulbs and a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if they don't work or hyperflash. The downside is they aren't very cheap. The front turn signal bulbs are $60 a set for the ones brighter then stock, ones not as bright are $30. Add to that a set of resisters and they are $70 all together for the lights and resistors. I bought a set and they should be here tomorrow. Worst case I can return them and get my money back. They also have a switchback bulb for the front that is white and then goes to amber when you use the turn signal. They appear to have great feedback with the Fusion, Mustang and some European car forums. To do the taillights it would be $140 for four bulbs and resistors so I'm holding off on that until I try the front signals first. There is a video on YouTube of a Raptor that they did as well and everything appears to work without any hyperflash.

Keep us posted on how it works out. Some Raptors work with resistors, some don't. No one actually knows why. I'm one that can only run front signal LEDs with no resistors. I can not run tail light LED replacement bulbs with or without resistors, swapping front LEDs to stock, Spyder LEDs (have resistors built in), extra resistors, extra resistors with the Spyder LED tails, etc, etc, etc. I tried every combo as well as different resistor sizes, both in series or parallel. Only thing I never did was something Birdman suggested, wire up a box with sockets and bulbs and that those ran parallel off the stock wiring.