How to install the Front Bumper Frame End Plastic covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBronius

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Raptor. I installed the Rigid Industries 4" E Series LED lights on either side of the Lic Plate. To do this you have to remove the Front Bumper Frame End Plastic Coverlets. Getting them back on is a mystery,

Any ideas anybody??????

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're a pain in the ass to install without removing the front bumper. If you wanted to attempt to do it but are willing to lose a few fingers in the process and break a tab or two off the bumperettes, you can bend the tab down, get it close and slam it into place before the tab bends back.

It's not going to work and no matter what, without taking the bumper off and dismantling it all to get them back on - they'll never fit as flush, as tight or look as good.

Good luck. It was a constant pain in my ass and eyeballs when I had my old 2010.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible to remove/install the bumpetts properly without removing the bumper but its not easy. Flex head 1/4 drive ratchet, ratcheting wrenches, and a lot of patience. You're better off just pulling the bumper completely off.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either take the crash pads that they cover off & put them on, OR after I took the crash pads off & put them back on then put the pads back on which is a big PIA because you have no room to get a wrench in there anywheres really I accidentally ripped one of the covers off when I tugged to make sure they were secure....so I literally put the top butt up against the pads top bent the tabs onto place & then did the same to the bottom tabs & it took me 2 mins to do. IDK if this worked so easily because I was so pissed off it just decided I needed to catch a break or what, but it seemed really easy that way. If that doesn't work just undo that crash pads...takes about 30 mins to do...would only take 5 mins if they designed them to be taken off easier.

OP
OP
J

JBronius

Reaction score
Thanks all, it sounds like two small holes are needed on the underside of the COVERLETS that would allow a slender tool in there to bend the upper tabs out to allow the top tabs to be in place and then work the lower ones. ??? Great work Ford Engineering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter