Dimmable dual-cube LED lights for on-road use!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for a double pair of lights for the Raptor bumper cutout area that can be dimmed for on-road use. I'm not looking for anything DOT approved or "street legal," but just something that I can get away with using on the street and not blind the hell out of oncoming traffic.

I'm currently most interested in the following:
KC LZR Dual 3" Cubes
Rigid Industries Dually 3" Cubes
Rigid Industries Dually D2 3" Cubes
Vision-X Optimus Dual Light Kit
Baja Designs Squeadron Dual 3" Cubes

I'm currently most interested in the KC LZR's, but I haven't found a ton of information about them and no mention of them being dimmable. I've read that the BD Squadron's have a "dust mode" that might meet my requirements, but these are also the most expensive of the lights. The VX Optimus' are supposedly dimmable too, but again I'm not sure by how much.

Any help, suggestions, of dimmed photos would be greatly appreciated.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the others but I know Baja designs sells a switch that you can dim their lights or make them strobe

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Vision-X Optimus lights are dimmable. You can get a toggle switch from Vision X that cuts the light output 50% or you can get a dial from Vision-X that allows you to dim them to whatever you like. I haven't seen them but I considered buying them when I was looking at lighting options for the bumper openings.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs does of offer a dimmer box for our Squadron LED lights for $59.99
660055.jpg

which would allow to run 144 watts of lights ( two Squadrons run at 86 watt total). Were you looking to fun them in your fog pockets? We do offer a kit if you are interested.
447550-03.jpg

Let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to answer them. Hope that information helps- Christian

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Baja Designs does of offer a dimmer box for our Squadron LED lights for $59.99
Let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to answer them. Hope that information helps- Christian

That kit is awesome! I believe the Baja Designs lights are the best performing lights on the market... I just have to decide if I want to spend that much money on lights.

goinsvt said:
The Vision-X Optimus lights are dimmable. You can get a toggle switch from Vision X that cuts the light output 50% or you can get a dial from Vision-X that allows you to dim them to whatever you like. I haven't seen them but I considered buying them when I was looking at lighting options for the bumper openings.

That's good to know, but unfortunately I think out of the lights I listed that the Vision-X Optimus are by far the lowest performers. There's a video on YouTube comparing some Vision-X lights to the Rigid Industries Dually and the single Dually was clearly superior to the single Optimus.
Rigid Dually vs Vision X Optimus PLUS a look at the New Vision X Light Cannon | Headlight Revolution - YouTube

I really wish there was some sort of dimmable option for the Dually D2 or the KC LZR because those options fall more into the performance category I expect and also my price point (under $800). I'd really like to see a side by side comparison of these two lights.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That kit is awesome! I believe the Baja Designs lights are the best performing lights on the market... I just have to decide if I want to spend that much money on lights.

That's good to know, but unfortunately I think out of the lights I listed that the Vision-X Optimus are by far the lowest performers. There's a video on YouTube comparing some Vision-X lights to the Rigid Industries Dually and the single Dually was clearly superior to the single Optimus.
Rigid Dually vs Vision X Optimus PLUS a look at the New Vision X Light Cannon | Headlight Revolution - YouTube

I really wish there was some sort of dimmable option for the Dually D2 or the KC LZR because those options fall more into the performance category I expect and also my price point (under $800). I'd really like to see a side by side comparison of these two lights.

The light cannons do not compare to the dually's one bit!!!! (Exclamation point)
It's at least 3 times the output with a much more concentrated beam for distance. I can't give comparison shots though because of all the lights I have, I needed to double up on some switches and I have a 30" and 40" mixed in with both.
I can tell you this much, for on-road......you might be able to get away with dually's but you won't get by the cops as he notices them sweet light cannons lit up. Beams are so bright, you don't even have to have it pointed at them to be blinded or constantly flashed. I even tried pointing them straight to the ground for foreground while driving, Ain't gonna happen. Just had to clarify

Last edited:

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rigid Dually vs Vision X Optimus PLUS a look at the New Vision X Light Cannon | Headlight Revolution - YouTube[/

I agree with you there. I was looking for a dimmable light at this price point too but ended up getting the D2s after I saw that comparison.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Well if it helps, we do offer discounts to forum members to take the sting off your wallet a little bit. And we are in currently in the process of formulating a sale for the cyber weekend, so hold your breath!!! PM me for details or any other questions. - Christian