diamond white or blue on H1 bi xenon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my RECON smoked headlights with the H1 bi xenon upgrade.. i got asked if I wanted diamond white or the blue... Which one would you guys recommend... anyone have one or the other installed, would be nice to see a picture of each of them ON at night. thanks

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the diamond white. I haven't seen either color in person, but whenever I see vehicles on the road with blue bulbs, I just don't like the way they look. It's like they're trying to copy the factory xenon look found in higher-end cars but it's overdone and looks fake. Don't know if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the diamond white. I haven't seen either color in person, but whenever I see vehicles on the road with blue bulbs, I just don't like the way they look. It's like they're trying to copy the factory xenon look found in higher-end cars but it's overdone and looks fake. Don't know if that makes any sense.

Sure does, I also got them in Diamond White... really havent seen them in person.. but imagined the diamond white looking much nicer and less fake (cheap) like you said.. thx

joek35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey lego i got the smoke recon lights also but notice that halos are not that brite. Do you have this problem with yours. I went with the standard bulbs.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished getting of the phone with Ryan from recon, I wont know for sure till I install probably early next week. Got the HID kit diamond white. I know there where some changes made to the LEDs on the headlight to make them brighter, dont know about the halos. Ill make sure I post pics after I have them installed

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you ordered with recon and they retrofit their own kit with HID's? How much do they charge for that?

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't they give you K ratings on color? Usually something around 5000k or 6000k is ideal

That is what I would be looking for too, but it seems like Recon may be describing the color output rather than the K rating.

5000k normally is a bright white color with a hint of blue (its my understanding 4-5k is what most OE vehicles come with)
6000k normally is predominately blue, but not terrible (it still has some white to it). I have 6k hids and they do just fine.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
5000 is your standard bi xenon stock color. 6000 is what I have and once hey are warmed up they really aren't that blue. Just a slight hint. 8000 is where you get predominately blue.

OP
OP
LEGORAPTOR

LEGORAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 6000K...

SKU Description Qty Price Total
264190BK Part # 264190BK - SMOKED Projector Headlights Ford F150 09-12 - FORD F150 09-12 SMOKED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS
a-Smoke 1 $449.95 $449.95
264H1HID Part # 264H1HID - H1 HID High Intensity Discharge Off-Road Lights - H1 HID 6,000 Kelvin
a-N/A 1 $249.95 $249.95

Discount: -$174.98
Subtotal: $699.90
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $14.99
Total: $539.91