Cool new AUX Switches Switch-Pro SP8100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas_JohnDoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planing (day dreaming) about LED lights and 4 switches doesn't cut it.
I've seen these at the jeep forums, and it looks really cool and clean.
Guys at Switch-Pros came up with excellent product and looks like it could be perfect upgrade to oem switches.

demo video on youtube

Stolen Pictures
So here is my idea, pull oem switches
Dscn0631-small.jpg

modify the housing
ximm

take Switch pro controller and somehow retrofit into the housing
controller dimensions 4”L x 2”W x .5”H (excluding tabs)
Panel_and_Power_Mod__02532.1424667137.1280.1280.png

Wiring doesn't look to complicated
Technically you only neet to tap into 2 wires
1. Lights input
2. Ignition input

And boom just like that you have 8 programable switches.
So..... what you guys think and who'll be the one that does it.

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like a bad kit. Just thinking of where to mount it. It would be nice to have 8 additional outputs.

How much does it cost?

D

Deleted member 12951

Looks like $479
Switch-Pros 8-Switch Panel Power System - SP-8100

But why mess with the factory AUX. Why not put the 8 switch panel above in the headliner where some are doing it already (if this one fits), in the wasted cubby hole or the spot to the left of the steering wheel below the light switch. Then you will have 12 switches to work with. Bear in mind that this panel has 7 at 18amps and 1 at 30amps

Cool option though and really like the programmable switch functions and especially the Bluetooth functionality so you can control your lights via your phone. Wish I would of found this earlier, would of definitely gone this route instead. A really nice looking kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like $479
Switch-Pros 8-Switch Panel Power System - SP-8100

But why mess with the factory AUX. Why not put the 8 switch panel above in the headliner where some are doing it already (if this one fits), in the wasted cubby hole or the spot to the left of the steering wheel below the light switch. Then you will have 12 switches to work with. Bear in mind that this panel has 7 at 18amps and 1 at 30amps

Cool option though and really like the programmable switch functions and especially the Bluetooth functionality so you can control your lights via your phone. Wish I would of found this earlier, would of definitely gone this route instead. A really nice looking kit.

I looked the price up. Since I'm just getting around to putting lights and such on my truck. What are cons with 18amps? I'm assuming some lights require more power. I rather ask than assume.

D

Deleted member 12951

I looked the price up. Since I'm just getting around to putting lights and such on my truck. What are cons with 18amps? I'm assuming some lights require more power. I rather ask than assume.

Just depends on your setup. The factory AUX gives you two 30amps, one 15amp and one 10amp. Most lights will show you how many watts. You have to divide that by 12 (you can use a higher number to be more exact) to provide some buffer. So you could connect a light up to needing 216 watts to stay within the 18amp limit. Large LED bars typically above 40" won't work on an 18amp circuit but it does depend on the brand, just have to check and do your research. For example a Rigid E-Series 40" will work because it draws 16amps but a Baja Designs uses 21amps. Reason why because Rigid doesn't power their LED's to 100%, usually around 70-80% but Baja runs theirs at 100% because they have thermal management built-in so their lights are brighter. Oh and awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCrush32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just depends on your setup. The factory AUX gives you two 30amps, one 15amp and one 10amp. Most lights will show you how many watts. You have to divide that by 12 (you can use a higher number to be more exact) to provide some buffer. So you could connect a light up to needing 216 watts to stay within the 18amp limit. Large LED bars typically above 40" won't work on an 18amp circuit but it does depend on the brand, just have to check and do your research. For example a Rigid E-Series 40" will work because it draws 16amps but a Baja Designs uses 21amps. Reason why because Rigid doesn't power their LED's to 100%, usually around 70-80% but Baja runs theirs at 100% because they have thermal management built-in so their lights are brighter. Oh and awesome too.

The kit is nice, but like you said it depends your plans. I guess another OEM 4 Aux Switch and wiring harness. For my setup I'm looking at a 50 inch, 40 inch, 40 inch winch and some other small lights. Basically, for me. I have to look at the brands. I'm looking at Rigid another vendor can't think of the name right now. All is subject to change.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planing (day dreaming) about LED lights and 4 switches doesn't cut it.
I've seen these at the jeep forums, and it looks really cool and clean.
Guys at Switch-Pros came up with excellent product and looks like it could be perfect upgrade to oem switches.

demo video on youtube

Stolen Pictures
So here is my idea, pull oem switches
Dscn0631-small.jpg

modify the housing
ximm

take Switch pro controller and somehow retrofit into the housing
controller dimensions 4”L x 2”W x .5”H (excluding tabs)
Panel_and_Power_Mod__02532.1424667137.1280.1280.png

Wiring doesn't look to complicated
Technically you only neet to tap into 2 wires
1. Lights input
2. Ignition input

And boom just like that you have 8 programable switches.
So..... what you guys think and who'll be the one that does it.

Have you tried to retrofit the switch pro into the factory up fitter location yet? I'm thinking of doing the same but don't know if it's as easy as I wish.

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a great idea and SDHQ is going to perform this retrofit for me this week. Can't wait to get everything wired up.

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 167

06HAOLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a great idea and SDHQ is going to perform this retrofit for me this week. Can't wait to get everything wired up.

SDHQ just came out with this cool mount for the Switch Pros module to mount under the ECU in the engine compartment.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 102