2013 ford raptor HID help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt58

Reaction score
okay so i have a 2013 raptor with the 6.2L. i would like to swap out the factory lights with a hid kit. ive done tons of research and can not come to a solid answer. i have the blackhousings with the projector lenses. if possible i was trying to get some 55w 6000k's.

anyone do a succesful hid kit install? help please!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think 55watt wil melt the oem housings. not 100% sure on that though. as for the temp of the bulb 6000k is what we call a hyper white. its a brilliant white. the lower you go the more yellow in is it. go higher and it goes blue.

there are a few vendors that do retrofitting and do awesome work.
if you are jus looking for a bulb replacement, we sell morimoto hid kits.

OP
OP
G

gt58

Reaction score
Why 6000k?

4300k will be more pure white and more light output

they look good on my audi r8, so why not my raptor?

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

i think 55watt wil melt the oem housings. not 100% sure on that though. as for the temp of the bulb 6000k is what we call a hyper white. its a brilliant white. the lower you go the more yellow in is it. go higher and it goes blue.

there are a few vendors that do retrofitting and do awesome work.
if you are jus looking for a bulb replacement, we sell morimoto hid kits.

im familiar with the kelvin color scale thanks, hmmm im still a little stumbled as to what kit would work. i saw someone did a complete projector lens swap and it worked. but im trying to get something to work with the oem housing.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey car stereo, my Jaguar has Xeon headlights and they're Purplish, the look really cool. My Raptor will be here in June, has the HID lights. Are they the same as the Xeon? And could I get bulbs that have that purplish hue?

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a 55-watt kit since the first month of owning my truck (over 2 years now). No issues, and INCREDIBLE light output! I have the 5000K, which is a GREAT choice, in my opinion. Nice, white light, no yellow tint. Never had bulb starting issues, always work great. Highly recommended kit.

This is the kit I bought, with lifetime warranty:

http://retro-solutions.net/product-...tml=/asc_action=SetCurrentProduct/prod_id=664

I believe "RAPTOR" in the promo code gives you 10% off, too.

(H13/9008 bi-xenon size, 55-watt, 5000K, no bulb cap)

Here they are in the alley behind my house (just the headlights, hood lights not on):

f429613e.jpg

Here's the "cutoff" (if you want to call it that) against a wall, factory housing:

7919b358.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Hey car stereo, my Jaguar has Xeon headlights and they're Purplish, the look really cool. My Raptor will be here in June, has the HID lights. Are they the same as the Xeon? And could I get bulbs that have that purplish hue?

12,000K+ will start to go purple!

I had 14,000K in my WRX show-car, and it was VERY purple. Almost TOO purple to actually see with!

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call Dawson--Raptor Retrofit. I run the Osram Bulbs (the best there is not many people do) and a 55W power supply. I am about performance not cool looks but mine do looke awesome..

Mine are Matte black and have different projectors. Go to his web site and you will get all of the information you need plus lots of options..