opinions pls - extended factory warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davegsxr

Reaction score
I purchased a 2012 Raptor with 1,850 miles. The dealer has Ford Platinum 8 year 125k mile warranty for $3,500. I may do 10k miles per year.

thoughts? i've gotten mixed opinions from mechanic friends. thank you!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased a 2012 Raptor with 1,850 miles. The dealer has Ford Platinum 8 year 125k mile warranty for $3,500. I may do 10k miles per year.

thoughts? i've gotten mixed opinions from mechanic friends. thank you!

First off congrats on the great find. A 2012 with only 1850 miles is crazy. Second that's about what I paid for the same warranty so I think you should take it. Better to be safe than sorry especially since it's a '12 and the factory 36 month warranty is up.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Check out a ford dealer that is selling discounted Ford plans. I went through Lombard Ford, I was able to do everything online and I'm pretty sure they even had 0% for 12months. Everything was online and my plan was literally half the cost of the same plan straight from ford.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What they said^^^^. Do not pass on getting a warranty, but don't pay that much for it. Do a little shopping around and you'll get that peace of mind for a lot cheaper.

Congratulations on your purchase, and Welcome to the Mayhem!!!

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 8 year 75,000 mile from Flood Ford for $1400 that includes the coverage for the lights. Just remember the clock starts on the in to service date.
Mark

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out a ford dealer that is selling discounted Ford plans. I went through Lombard Ford, I was able to do everything online and I'm pretty sure they even had 0% for 12months. Everything was online and my plan was literally half the cost of the same plan straight from ford.

Yep This^^ Did the same for my Raptor and a Mustang GT as well from Lombard. Great price and if you sell vehicle you get prorated portion of warranty back.