How to jump ?!?!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F-22

Reaction score
How do you jump these beasts?!

looking for tips, my biggest fear is nose diving and wrecking my truck.

does amount of fuel matter for weight and balance purposes?

should you keep the throttle steady the whole way?

is there a perfect size jump? I assume a slight roller would be the best way to start.

I gues you just gotta get out there and give'r and hope for the best!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you jump these beasts?!

looking for tips, my biggest fear is nose diving and wrecking my truck.

does amount of fuel matter for weight and balance purposes?

should you keep the throttle steady the whole way?

is there a perfect size jump? I assume a slight roller would be the best way to start.

I gues you just gotta get out there and give'r and hope for the best!

look for a good steady takeoff, (ramp should be 2x as long as the truck) and preferably a slight decline on the landing area. don't lift before the jump or you'll shift weight to the nose and cause you to lawn dart it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Not an expert by any means and still trying to get better. Best at nose diving as that is easy to do. LOL

This is what I was told by someone else during a raptor run. I was trying to perfect this and really don't know how great of advice it really is so take it as its worth and I am sure someone else will correct it.

I was told to gun it right before the jump and if you can time it perfectly, let off the gas when your front tires get air. Concept is you don't want the back tires grabbing while the front is in the air, thus causing it to push the front down. If in the air and you have the gas on, wheels are going to spin quite a bit more since no traction and you don't want those spinning too fast when it lands so let off the gas completely when in the air and hit it after you land.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always wondered if Ford never marketing the Raptor "jumping" would any owners attempt to jump their trucks? I can't think of any other manufacturer ever marketed their vehicles jumping.