Hole Shot / NOLA Sales dispute thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys should just split the shipping back and chalk this one up as a misunderstanding that cost you a minor $45.

I don't think taking my bumps off his truck and sending them back is an option
for him. He won't find another deal like that. Rpg bumps are on back order to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

@NOLA, I completely understand why you don't want to give out your number, I get it. So why don't you setup a free Google Voice number, you can text with it at no charge and also call with it. It calls your cell number and then calls the person you want to call and connects them together. The caller on the other end only sees the google voice number and they NEVER see your real cell phone number. Then afterwards you can block that number from ever calling you again via the Google Voice website. Or you can even install the Google Voice app on your phone and call from that.

So to say that you didn't want to discuss this over the phone for not giving someone your number is not the best excuse with technology available today. I use Google Voice all the time to respond to Craigslist ads and even a few people here on FRF that I would rather not give my real number to (a few that I kinda wish I didn't either).

I imagine that you planned on the charge back hoping that Troy will send you the missing parts then you plan on re-paying the agreed amount back to him and perhaps cover the charge back, right?

All I can say, is I have sold and purchased quite a few things on FRF and will continue to do so as I always want to do business with a FRF'er before anyone else but I seriously doubt I would do a transaction with either of you guys after hearing about this huge mess.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@NOLA, I completely understand why you don't want to give out your number, I get it. So why don't you setup a free Google Voice number, you can text with it at no charge and also call with it. It calls your cell number and then calls the person you want to call and connects them together. The caller on the other end only sees the google voice number and they NEVER see your real cell phone number. Then afterwards you can block that number from ever calling you again via the Google Voice website. Or you can even install the Google Voice app on your phone and call from that.

So to say that you didn't want to discuss this over the phone for not giving someone your number is not the best excuse with technology available today. I use Google Voice all the time to respond to Craigslist ads and even a few people here on FRF that I would rather not give my real number to (a few that I kinda wish I didn't either).

I imagine that you planned on the charge back hoping that Troy will send you the missing parts then you plan on re-paying the agreed amount back to him and perhaps cover the charge back, right?

All I can say, is I have sold and purchased quite a few things on FRF and will continue to do so as I always want to do business with a FRF'er before anyone else but I seriously doubt I would do a transaction with either of you guys after hearing about this huge mess.

I'm sorry to hear that but I totally understand. Sometimes when your busy with life and dealing with Tapatalk messaging stuff gets lost in translation. I'm
At fault to a degree but I will also never sell anything to anyone I don't speak with again.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Even though your a smart ass you are 100% right I would do the same.

Assuming this is true he's reverse scamming you. Not cool either and a theif horrible all this happened

I'm not scamming anyone. I'm
Standing here with empty hands trying to fix the situation. All he's doing is assuming visa has contacted me. He Refuses to contact me because he doesn't want me to Have his number. Why? what am I gonna do with his number. That was one of the issues in the first place. He could have replied to my pm. But he didn't.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Seems to me the easiest solution here is for Holeshot to send Nola the strike pads.

He had them in the picture. The burden shouldn't be on Nola to ship anything back.

There was a contract here. Holeshot failed to meet his side of the contract.

Then Nola can pay the agreed upon price.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am going to close this to stop the comments from the peanut gallery. Some of you have offered helpful advice, others just seem to be stirring the pot. NOLA & Hole Shot - There have been several good suggestions made to bring this to a resolution.

I will list out what I thought I read listed by others:
1. Send the parts back to Hole Shot and split shipping, NOLA gets a refund (less half of shipping) - or work out something on the shipping.
2. Hole Shot sends the pads and bolts, NOLA reverses the refund process through PayPal

I am sure there is some variation one either of these two options that ya'll can come to terms on. Keeping the parts and getting a full refund (where it looks like we currently stand) is not a reasonable or honest option.

I see fault on both sides of this. The best situation is for both sides to step back, take a deep breath and put egos and hurt feelings to the side and find a way to work this out like reasonable adults. Right now the posts look like both of you are coming out swinging, which will not get this satisfactorily resolved.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I will reopen the thread, as requested by the OP, but any off-topic discussion or any posts escalating the situation WILL BE DELETED. This thread needs to be moving towards resolution.

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I PM'ed @NOLA earlier. I am willing to send him the strike plates on my dime. He can sell them or do whatever he wants with them. But I doubt he will agree to that since he's got a free rpg setup.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Seems to me the best option here for both @Hole Shot and @NOLA is for Hole Shot to send everything pictured in the original ad since NOLA believed it was part of the deal.

There is no reason for anyone to believe Hole Shot didn't make an honest mistake anymore than NOLA is trying to capitalize on this and get something for free.

This could also be resolved by NOLA by just buying the missing parts then deducting the cost from what he originally paid and sending the difference. Right now the burden is on NOLA as he has the product and the money.

Both of you will want to deal on FRF in the future I'm sure and resolving this will remove any doubt for others with future sales and purchasing.

Last edited: