New Member from North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KomodoDragin

Reaction score
Hello folks! Bought my 2017 SCREW yesterday. I had been eyeing them for a while but when I learned about the $10k admin fee that all my local dealers were adding to the sticker price, I had pretty much resigned to not getting one. Everyone's situation is different but I just could not justify what appeared to be dealers charging more simply because they can. Truthfully, I was heartbroken. I had fallen in love with the truck and everything else I looked at just didn't compare.

Fast forward a few weeks and I am travelling to Greenville, NC (about 4.5 hours from where I live) and I happen to see one on a dealer lot while en route to meet a colleague for dinner. I was a little early, so I stopped to check it out on a whim. It had everything I wanted; SuperCrew, Lightening Blue, 802A equipment, dual moon roof, power rear glass, etc. The sales man walks up and we had the following exchange:
Me: "What's the asking price?"
Salesman: "What's on the sticker."
Me: "What about the $10k dealer fee?"
Salesman: "We're not doing that."
Me: "Really?"
Salesman: "Yessir"
Me: "Put that on an official quote along with a reasonable offer for my trade and I'll be back in the morning."

To make a long story not quite so long, I was waiting for them when the dealership opened and I drove it home yesterday.

I absolutely LOVE this truck! It's like a luxury car, wrapped in a monster truck, that drives like a race car. Still getting used to the size; I've been driving a Honda Accord for about five years so that's quite an adjustment.

I am super excited about joining the lucky few that own the most bad-ass trucks on (and off) the road.

Attachments

• IMG_3595.jpg
    IMG_3595.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 76
D

Deleted member 12951

Congrats and Welcome. Glad to see some decent dealers out there.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to frf and Raptor life

Congratulations and good luck with your new Raptor

You've been Raptized

OP
OP
KomodoDragin

KomodoDragin

Reaction score
Welcome and did you ask your wife first or just showed up home with the truck?:crazy:

It had been discussed at length when we looked at them a few weeks ago. Truth is when I called her about this one she actually had to somewhat talk me into it.

If I had just rolled up in a new truck with out having a conversation with her, divorce would be the best I could hope for. Severe physical assault (with probably one of my own deadly weapons) would have been the most likely scenario.