Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]

What is on the other side of the Screw jack storage hole?

This is a discussion on What is on the other side of the Screw jack storage hole? within the Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
one stops your truck from rolling when its jacked up, the other is an extension so your oem jack can ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

one stops your truck from rolling when its jacked up, the other is an extension so your oem jack can reach the truck to jack it up. kinda cheesy though if you ask me. i have had to use them before and i was wondering of the structural capability of them. it did work so i guess i cant complain much

Old 01-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Replacements foam or other ideas
Reviving an old thread:

Had a flat at the start of the year and got to use the jack in a real world situation (Woot?). Forgot the spacer on the driver side at first (turns out you do need it) and had to put the flat back on the truck, drop the truck, and lift it again in 10 below weather on the side of the highway (pic). In getting the spacer out of it’s hiding place, I found it was jammed. I let my anger get the better of me and “broke” the foam that holds the spacer, ripping the red cloth pull right off.

I’m much calmer now and am putting things back in their place. Because of the damage to the spacer and the tight fit, I am reluctant to put it back. I am looking for either 1) a factory replacement part (or part number) for the spacer or 2) an alternative solution that keep safe the stock piece, relative location, and won’t rattle.

Anyone got ideas or already done this?
Attached Thumbnails
cad54393-247b-43c6-87e1-c6f3929bfe49.jpg  
RDFTS likes this.

Last edited by Dewback75; 01-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Dewback75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Found the part number on the side of the foam:
BL3V-17B051-AA
Gonna google it and see what I find.

On a side note, I found all the pieces (2 broke off). Going to try gluing it back together, maybe reinforce with duct trap, trim it down a little like a guy did earlier and see if that’ll do.

For the record, I think mine was stuck because the screw on the adapter was backed out a little and caught on the metal of the truck as I was trying to force it out. I tighten the screw down (after I had broke the foam) and the whole assembly slide out with much less force.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Glued, taped, shaved, and reinstalled. Threaded the bolt for the extension through the red strap looped on the foam. Next time, I need it and it ends up being stuck, iíll Be putting pressure on the extension and foam instead of just the foam.