Serious disappointment with stock bed tie downs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting a load of wood from Home Depot last night which would be the first load I've had to use wratcheting straps and I started to tighten the strap down on the wood and the whole stock tie down and side of the bed started bending in!!! I didn't even have the strap that tight before I noticed the insane amount of give on the bed/tie downs....

Please tell me this is not normal and that something is defective?!? I don't see being able to tie ANYTHING with significant weight down with these tie downs if this is normal for all raptors....

D

Deleted member 12951

The tie downs are the standard ones for any 2014 F-150, not anything different or unique to the Raptor. They seem to flex some but never had an issue with it. The bed sides also move, hence why I also have bed stabilizers.

OP
OP
E

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tie downs are the standard ones for any 2014 F-150, not anything different or unique to the Raptor. They seem to flex some but never had an issue with it. The bed sides also move, hence why I also have bed stabilizers.

a little movement I would be ok with but this was so much movement I felt like if I had kept on trying to get it tighter I would of permanently bent the bed and pulled it inwards. As I was slowly tightening it down I could hear what sounded like cracking or adhesive coming apart. The strap wasnt even that tight, I could still pull up on the strap with my hand with not much force.

I may have to get a video of it, even my brother was in disbelief when he saw how much it was flexing for how loose the strap was...

Theres no way I would be able to ratchet down a quad, dirt bike or even a decent size tool box and feel comfortable with what I saw. I know there a ton of people on here who have some significant weight in the bed so something has to be up with my truck specifically?

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've ratcheted furniture into my bed when I moved and never had any flexing or bending, and I had quite a bit of stress on them. So might be your bed specifically

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would take it to the dealer and have them look at it. I've tied a bunch of heavy stuff down in may bed and never had anything like that happen. As a matter of fact, I've never noticed any kind of 'flexing' and especially not the bedsides starting to buckle. And that is at all kinds of weird angles.

Take it in and have the someone look at it.......

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had 2 race quads and a dirt bike in my box, and ratched the shit out of it and never had an issue. The bedsides are glued in place so maybe something is amiss with yours?

OP
OP
E

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 race quads and a dirt bike in my box, and ratched the shit out of it and never had an issue. The bedsides are glued in place so maybe something is amiss with yours?

Well shit. Kinda stupid to have only glue holding the tie down sections together, id think it would be something more substantially secure. But it seems mine have come unglued from the previous owner or something. which is kind of hard to believe considering I bought it with 16k miles on it and it was an old retired guy who owned it previously.

I will get a short video tomorrow and post it to show you guys, It moved at least 1/2'' if not more.... I wonder how the dealer would go about fixing this issue if it did come unglued???

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I tie a spare tire down using the stock tie down points and ratchet straps. I haven't had a problem yet

OP
OP
E

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am really glad its not something thats a common issue with the raptor, or f150 in general. My brother is thinking about getting a raptor as well until he saw the movement last night lol. I'll update with a vid tomorrow. I wont be able to get to the dealer for probably a week or 2 but hopefully its an easy fix so they dont have my truck for weeks like they seem to do with all the other members on here.